Re: [aprsisce] Google +1

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
      It is only available if you have a google account of some sort (doesn't have to be gmail address but you do have to signup).. When you are logged into it a +1 button is available to promote search results.

      On 10/2/2011 11:20 AM, Steve wrote:
      what or where is the Plus one button Steve????

      73
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

      Would you all be kind enough when next on google to searchaprsisce.wikidot.com and then hit the +1 button

      I am trying to improve the ranking of the wiki on google using google +1

      Thanks

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

        I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

        So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

        I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

            Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

            Scott Gillis N3UJJ
            My HamShack
            My Current Location
            My Amateur Weather Station
            My BOINC standings

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
              i see that julian +1'd it in the sarcha nd you're top of the list, but i dont see where the +1 button is.

              charlie

            • Andrew Riddell

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                  unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

                  73
                  Steve, kf6wax

                  On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

                  Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
                  Drew VE3AMF

                  On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

                  I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

                  So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

                  I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                • Ron N9SZV
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                    Ok just clicked on it :-)

                    Ron N9SZV
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                      Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

                      If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

                      The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

                      Unless I have messed something up somewhere

                      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                        do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

                        I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
                        same time

                        charlie
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                          ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                          welcome page for it to show..

                          charlie
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                            Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                            Torbay Freecycle Moderator