Re: [aprsisce] Google +1

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
      what or where is the Plus one button Steve????

      73
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

      Would you all be kind enough when next on google to searchaprsisce.wikidot.com and then hit the +1 button

      I am trying to improve the ranking of the wiki on google using google +1

      Thanks

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

    • Patrick

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

          I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

          So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

          I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

              Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

              Scott Gillis N3UJJ
              My HamShack
              My Current Location
              My Amateur Weather Station
              My BOINC standings

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                i see that julian +1'd it in the sarcha nd you're top of the list, but i dont see where the +1 button is.

                charlie

              • Andrew Riddell

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                    unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

                    73
                    Steve, kf6wax

                    On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

                    Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
                    Drew VE3AMF

                    On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

                    I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

                    So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

                    I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

                    Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                  • Ron N9SZV
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                      Ok just clicked on it :-)

                      Ron N9SZV
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                        Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

                        If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

                        The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

                        Unless I have messed something up somewhere

                        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                          do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

                          I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
                          same time

                          charlie
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                            ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                            welcome page for it to show..

                            charlie
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                              Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                              Torbay Freecycle Moderator