RE: [aprsisce] Kenwood TH-D72a works great!

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011

      I don’t know about the D72 but the following was written for the D710, so you might try that and see what happens, I have no idea if it will work

      On 9/25/2011 11:20 AM, Stan Leeds wrote:

      When the 710 is doing all the APRS work, then the GPS-710 will function and I think I will try a NEMA port for APRSIS32 to view all the incoming RF data using same Call and SSID on both machines..

      Not an NMEA port, but check the GPS/NMEA checkbox on the 710's RF port configuration.

      For APRSIS32 to do all the APRSing, then I will have an external GPS to the mobile PC and then put the 710 into KISS.

      Or try the new CONVerse mode port in APRSISCE/32 with the same box checked and tell the 710 to provide NMEA sentences when in normal TNC mode. The only thing APRSISCE/32 won't be able to do in that configuration is digipeat as it can't transmit a used (*) path component.

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator