Google +1

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

      Would you all be kind enough when next on google to searchaprsisce.wikidot.com and then hit the +1 button

      I am trying to improve the ranking of the wiki on google using google +1

      Thanks

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
        what or where is the Plus one button Steve????

        73
        Steve, kf6wax

        On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

        Would you all be kind enough when next on google to searchaprsisce.wikidot.com and then hit the +1 button

        I am trying to improve the ranking of the wiki on google using google +1

        Thanks

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • Patrick

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

            I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

            So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

            I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

                Scott Gillis N3UJJ
                My HamShack
                My Current Location
                My Amateur Weather Station
                My BOINC standings

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                  i see that julian +1'd it in the sarcha nd you're top of the list, but i dont see where the +1 button is.

                  charlie

                • Andrew Riddell

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                      unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

                      73
                      Steve, kf6wax

                      On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

                      Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
                      Drew VE3AMF

                      On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

                      I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

                      So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

                      I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

                      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                    • Ron N9SZV
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                        Ok just clicked on it :-)

                        Ron N9SZV
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                          Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

                          If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

                          The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

                          Unless I have messed something up somewhere

                          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                            do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

                            I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
                            same time

                            charlie
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                              ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                              welcome page for it to show..

                              charlie
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                                Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                                Torbay Freecycle Moderator