Hello and thanks.

  • Sierra 7
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Lynn and the Gang,

      Got it all set up and working on various Kantronics tnc's in kiss, (one at a time). Thanks it really works well. It also RX Igates on the other radio port of the tnc, on 145.825Mhz eu listening for Ariss, which is really useful.

      I might want to run two dual kiss tnc's which I think is in the development arena.

      A feature I would find useful as a fixed station (yes i know you have a big list), is for a beacon to be sent after heard activity. This is useful for the more aged satellites, (is the transponder on ?), and for channels that only activate rarely locally. For example a 9600 bd UHF mobile passing through. In other words - Beacon after rx activity. I could beacon everywhere all the time but it just wastes power on some freqs, and should not be done on sat freqs both outside passes and unattended. We cant do unattended TX without special paperwork here. Its ok if you think its a poor idea.

      Thanks anyway,

      Steve

      G4AZB