Re: very OT but I don't care

  • LANCE AUE
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
      Steve:

      Likewise! Congratulations! New operator in the making.

      Very 73,

      Lance / KA2EJD
      [AR]
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011

        Thanks everyone

        Leo who is 5 always asks if he can use my radio, so a future ham there,

         I must dig out my kit from when a kid sort of a jigsaw but with electronic components, so you could build things. Like flashing lights and a radio

        Mind building a crystal set is really cool, using a lump of coal to get HF, not very tuneable but that’s not the point

        Went off topic as usual

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
          The best gifts I ever recieved was a crystal radio set, and a full electronics builing kit. I use to go around the house hooking anything metal I could find to get the best reception on the crystal set. I was 8 years old. :) I got the full electronics kit when I was 10 and got bored with it very quik. Built everything and wanted more. I plan to give these kits to my nieces just to see if they have an interest. :)I know this is also off topic, but a suggestion to those that would like to see a future Ham or Genius :)

          Kevin
          W7BOZ

          PS. I bet Lynn had a TI-994A and not a Comodore. Am I right Lynn?