very OT but I don't care

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2011

      My 3rd grand child was born at 08:30UTC  weighing in at 7lb 8oz  Autumn’s bootloader seems to be working fine, and also all systems seem operative, after a successfully deployment from the mother craft Claire. I look forward as part of the launch team to uploading upgrades to Autumn over the coming years. She has been pre configured to be fully interactive with Leo and Jazmin , launched earlier.

      Sister vehicle Sam was nearby to assist in separation.

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

    • Ron N9SZV
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2011
        Congrats mother craft Claire and Gramps!!

        Ron N9SZV

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

        > My 3rd grand child was born at 08:30UTC weighing in at 7lb 8oz Autumn's
        > bootloader seems to be working fine, and also all systems seem operative,
        > after a successfully deployment from the mother craft Claire. I look forward
        > as part of the launch team to uploading upgrades to Autumn over the coming
        > years. She has been pre configured to be fully interactive with Leo and
        > Jazmin , launched earlier.
        >
        > Sister vehicle Sam was nearby to assist in separation.
        >

        > Steve Daniels
        >
        > G6UIM
        >
        > Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • LANCE AUE
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
          Steve:

          Likewise! Congratulations! New operator in the making.

          Very 73,

          Lance / KA2EJD
          [AR]
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011

            Thanks everyone

            Leo who is 5 always asks if he can use my radio, so a future ham there,

             I must dig out my kit from when a kid sort of a jigsaw but with electronic components, so you could build things. Like flashing lights and a radio

            Mind building a crystal set is really cool, using a lump of coal to get HF, not very tuneable but that’s not the point

            Went off topic as usual

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
              The best gifts I ever recieved was a crystal radio set, and a full electronics builing kit. I use to go around the house hooking anything metal I could find to get the best reception on the crystal set. I was 8 years old. :) I got the full electronics kit when I was 10 and got bored with it very quik. Built everything and wanted more. I plan to give these kits to my nieces just to see if they have an interest. :)I know this is also off topic, but a suggestion to those that would like to see a future Ham or Genius :)

              Kevin
              W7BOZ

              PS. I bet Lynn had a TI-994A and not a Comodore. Am I right Lynn?