How do I - Set position without a GPS?
- Setting your position without a GPS (or with a disabled GPS) is really
easy. Just do the following steps:
0) Ensure that Enables / Tracking Enabled is checked.
1) Ensure that Screen / Tracking / Me and Screen / Tracking / Locked are
both checked. This isn't actually required, but it gives you a nice
black dot at the dead center of the screen as you...
2) Drag (Pan) and zoom the map until the center is where you'd like your
station to be and then...
3) Zoom in even closer just to make sure you're on the right spot and
4) Click Transmit and answer Yes to the question "Move ME To Center?".
Your saved location will be moved, your station will move, and a beacon
with the new location will be sent to APRS-IS (and RF if configured and
enabled). Note that if you do this too quickly and move too far, sites
like aprs.fi might reject your updates. Just wait a while and let your
Configure / Genius / Max Time beacons continue insisting on the current
location and eventually they'll decide to agree with what you're beaconing.
Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32