Re: [aprsisce] PacComm PicoPacket port set-up Query

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2011
      Are you trying to use it mobile or fixed? If fixed, then don't worry
      about the GPS and put it into KISS mode.

      If you're trying to use it mobile, does it do anything on its own when
      in KISS mode? If not, connect the GPS to APRSISCE via an NMEA port and
      put the TNC into KISS and connect it via a second serial port.

      If you're trying to use it mobile and it does operate with the GPS and a
      KISS computer at the same time, then you can still configure APRSISCE/32
      with a KISS port, but you'll have to provide an alternate GPS input for
      the program.

      I don't know what the non-KISS mode is, but in the latest Development
      version of APRSISCE/32 there's a test CONVerse mode that might work. If
      your TNC puts out the NMEA strings along with supporting a command mode
      (CONVerse to transmit), then that might work out for you. You'll want
      to check the GPS/NMEA checkbox in the APRSISCE/32 Port configuration dialog.

      Have you watched Julian, G4ILO's, introductory videos linked off the
      Wiki? If not, check them out from http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/. Look
      for the "First time users are recommended to view the help text and
      video on the link below" text on there.