RE: [aprsisce] Aprsis development

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011

      Most of my comments were based on your link to Julian G4ILO’s blog

      http://blog.g4ilo.com/2010/10/advice-to-amateur-programmers.html

      I recommend reading that and also the archive of amsat-bb the thread is HB9DRV which starts innocently enough

      They are both worth a read. The amsat thread is mostly about authors of free software releasing there code open source, with one person even stating the reason people like Lynn don’t release their code is that they don’t want people to see how bad it is.

      You get a few free software programmers responses

      I have recently seen some of Lynn ’s code and whilst it has a lot of holes in it, it’s not that bad, just a bit old school. (I am going to leave Lynn to explain that one)

      It was the Sats left running that crashed it then Lynn

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator