RF Interfaces in Development Version

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2010
      To those running the latest Development version and having trouble
      getting your RF interfaces to transmit and/or IGate:

      You need to edit the XML file with the client NOT running. You're
      looking for a section that looks like this:

      <!--RFPort[1]-->
      <RFPort Name="D710-Text">
      <Protocol>Kenwood</Protocol>
      <Device>COM1:9600,N,8,1</Device>
      <RfBaud>1200</RfBaud>
      <QuietTime>0</QuietTime>
      <Enabled>1</Enabled>
      <XmitEnabled>1</XmitEnabled>
      <RFtoISEnabled>1</RFtoISEnabled>
      <IStoRFEnabled>0</IStoRFEnabled>
      <BeaconingEnabled>1</BeaconingEnabled>
      <BeaconPath></BeaconPath>
      <TelemetryEnabled>1</TelemetryEnabled>
      <TelemetryPath></TelemetryPath>
      <!--DigiXform-->
      </RFPort><!--Port[1]-->

      Look for the one with the Name that you gave your new port (or AGW,
      KISS, or TEXT for auto-upgraded ports). Then set <XmitEnabled>
      <RFtoISEnabled> and <IStoRFEnabled> as desired. You'll probably also
      want to set <BeaconingEnabled> and <TelemetryEnabled>, although I'm not
      sure if I actually reference those yet. I KNOW I don't reference the
      Beacon/TelementryPath nor the DigiXforms (yet).

      If you mess with <Protocol> you can end up with a port that won't
      start. That's best set when you create a new port (Configure / Ports /
      New Port has a Type dropdown). If you have a port that should always
      have traffic, you can set <QuietTime> (in seconds) to the longest
      expected quiet. If nothing is received from the port within QuietTime,
      the port is closed and restarted. <RfBaud> will be used to generate
      warnings if you set up cross-band digipeating (not implemented yet) from
      a faster to a slower port. HF is typically 300 baud, VHF can be 1200 or
      9600, and UHF is typically 9600.

      All of the Enables were defaulted to OFF for safety in my development.
      I didn't want a bust in the new protocol layer to saturate the local RF
      channel.

      Also, if you have a Kenwood D710, you can configure the port as KISS or
      Kenwood protocol. Open and Close commands will be provided that are
      working for me here. The 710 can be in any mode when you open the
      port. It will be left in Packet mode when the client is closed. The
      Open and Close commands will be editable directly in the client soon. I
      adopted the UI-View command file syntax for them, so existing command
      files should be copy/pastable into the editor that I'll be making.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ