Re: Dropping out of Digipeat?

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2011
      Thanks Lynn, I've set up those logs (and cleared them as I had some of them running before, so I get a clean start).

      So far it's working! I am using a TH-D7 to test if it digipeats, and also to listen to its transmissions.

      I may try another drive-round, having checked that it's working as I leave, to see if I can check its coverage.

      I have other radios and TNCs available, but none are as convenient as this, which is set up and operational. I don't want to de-install my TM-D710 from the car, and I would have to work out if I have the cables for the others (a TT4 for example) and make them up if not. I presume using the DR-135 purely as a radio, with a TT4 as TNC, would be more reliable than what I'm doing now?

      I've just remembered I have an Alinco DR-620 (dual-band, a few years old) tucked away somewhere, which also has an Alinco TNC, but I believe this one is more sophisticated, being able to digipeat on its own if I remember rightly. Would this be a better bet, do you think?

      Cheers,
      Howard G1BYY