Re: [aprsisce] Scrolling & Dupe Fix (Dev: 2011/09/21 23:45)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24 8:30 AM
      On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > Now, something you've all (well, actually a verbose minority) have been
      > waiting for: Scrolling Station/Packet log control!  You can do any/all
      > of the following (see Configure / Scroller):
      >     Hide NoParse (see the NoParse trace log)
      >     No Internals (Yes, you can eliminate the infernal internal
      > telemetry packets!)
      >     Not ME (would also serve to get rid of telemetry packets and
      > definitions as well as your beacons)
      >     Not Mine (more than ME, less than the world)
      >     RF Only (for those that don't want to see what the -IS server is
      > echoing back)
      >     Show All (Defaults to checked - Provided for easy remote support to
      > restore ALL packets)
      >     Filter... (Yes, you can enter your own custom APRS-IS-style filter!)

      Okay, you're going to have to drag me by the nose through this
      configuration setup... I'm stuck trying to decode the "Lynn Logic"
      again.

      Filter (follows APRS-IS style filtering, so lots of figuring yet with this one)

      Hide NoParse
      No Internals
      Not ME
      Not Mine
      RF Only
      Show All

      Show all seems to be a global switch, making everything visible.
      Turning off Show All, and checking RF Only seemed to work fine for
      grabbing anything from the radio. Both of these seem to be permissive
      filters.

      Now, what about the others? The others seem to be subtractive filters.
      How should one go about setting them to actually work?

      I tried clicking on No Internals, but I still got (what I would think
      are) internal packets showing. But then, I still had Show All checked,
      which by definition should show ALL packets.

      Can you be a little more descriptive on the types of packets that are
      included in the different selections?

      Does Internals just cover telemetry, or does it include my own
      objects? Are objects part of Not ME, but not Internals? Not Mine
      covers what?

      In APRSISCE/32 it's very difficult to know which settings are global,
      which are additive, and which are subtractive.

      We just went over this not long ago with another menu selection.

      I do like the new capability, but I need to figure out how the heck it
      is supposed to work. (Another Wiki page to build)