Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

DX Fixed (Dev: 2011/09/22 18:32)

Expand Messages
  • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Ok, you can safely set Configure / DX / Min Dist to something more reasonable AFTER you upgrade to the subject version. The problem has been found and fixed
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Ok, you can safely set Configure / DX / Min Dist to something more
      reasonable AFTER you upgrade to the subject version. The problem has
      been found and fixed (see PS for details).

      While in there I uncovered a few other things worth cleaning up like
      fixing the count of how many times the same distance/station has been
      heard and, more importantly, picking up a new MaxEver DX after clearing
      the previous one even though the individual ports retained the previous
      DX until the next hour.

      I also discovered that the Min Status Trigger distance wasn't honoring
      the English/Metric appropriately (the distances are configured in
      integer multiples of your selected distance units, but the comparison is
      in the program's native Miles).

      And I've noticed a few "Invalid CRC"s coming back from the Coral CDN
      fetch failures, so I'm adding a bit more diagnostic to that in an
      attempt to figure out what it might be saying. Incremental improvement...

      Let me know if anything else goes worng. And remember to check your
      Genius settings and all Enables if you were bitten by this buggy release.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

      PS. Ok, the bug is in the first line of code below and the fix is the
      second line. Can you see the stupidity?

      strncpy(ActiveConfig.DX.MaxEver.Station,
      APRS->srcCall,
      sizeof(ActiveConfig.DX.MaxEver));

      strncpy(ActiveConfig.DX.MaxEver.Station,
      APRS->srcCall,

      sizeof(ActiveConfig.DX.MaxEver.Station));

      And when the data structure has the Station at the end of the MaxEver
      structure, which also includes 2 SYSTEMTIMEs and a few other fields, the
      following chunk of the Active Configuration buffer was overwritten.
      That includes a bunch of Enables BOOLs and the Genius structure which
      starts with the Min and Max beacon times (hence the initial report of
      MyCall ripping up the packet log).

      Maybe allowing a filtered (especially Not ME) scrolling packet log was a
      mistake... This bug could have gone unnoticed a while longer without
      that visual clue!
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.