RE: [aprsisce] HP620

  • Greg D.
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 20, 2010
      Hi Bradley,

      Well, if you're sticking an SD card into it, it's not the same 620 that I'm thinking of.  That 620 pre-dates SD!

      Glad it works for you,

      Greg  KO6TH

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kc9gqr@...
      Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:34:14 +0000
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] HP620

      I thought. My old. Hp. Travel companion was running windows mobile 5 and it works fine... Hmmm now you have me wondering. I will. Send the group model number. And op software once I get in the car this morning. All I did to get it going was to drag the .exe file onto a sd card. And shove it in there. I have saved all street level maps. And stored them on the card for 5 counties that I travel as I rarely connect up to the internet on it and it runs very smooth!!! 100000 times better than the pocket tracker software they have out there

      73's
      Bradley
      Kc9gqr
      Sent from my BlackBerry®

      From: Greg D. <ko6th_greg@hotmail. com>
      Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:29:38 -0700
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com>

      Hi Joseph, Lynn,

      I have a Jornada 680, which I think is running the same software as the 620 did.  Or, if not, a slightly newer version.  I tried loading the APRSIS-CE software that is running on my iPAQ hw6945 (WinMobile 5.0) onto the 680, and it claims that it's not a Windows CE application.  That's typically the message I get when the software is too new (or the 680 is too old... :-)).

      So, I expect the answer unfortunately is no.  I think the most useful applications on my 680 right now are Solitaire and the voice recorder (with a CF card I can record full presentations with it), distantly followed by Internet Explorer for the few sites that can still be rendered...  What do you use yours for?

      Greg  KO6TH

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com
      From: kj4erj@arrl. net
      Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:16:23 -0400

      joseph cooksley wrote:

      > Hi lynn ,
      > Will the ce programs run on the HP palm top 620 ce?

      I don't recall anyone mentioning using that platform. APRSISCE is
      written and compiled for Windows Mobile 6 Professional. However, many
      people are running it successfully on Windows Mobile 5 devices. CE is a
      reduced version of Windows Mobile that comes in its own set of versions,
      CE 5 (I believe) being the latest one.

      Load up a copy and see what happens. It won't hurt anything, and it
      might just work. If not, report back here with what it says and I'll
      see if I can help interpret the sometimes cryptic CE messages.