RE: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
      Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

      Fred

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

        Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

        I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

        Fred

        It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

        If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

        ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • Alex
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

          Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

          Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

          I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

          … more later….

          Have a Great Day

          Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

          Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
          Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

            It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                  On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                  <steve@...> wrote:

                  > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                  > might see some bats shortly

                  Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                • Hank Lambert
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                    Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                    73,

                    Hank Lambert

                    KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                    hank@...

                    kb4mto@...

                    www.hanklambert.com

                    PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                      All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better