RE: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

      Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
        Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

        Fred

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

          Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

          I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

          Fred

          It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

          If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

          ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        • Alex
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

            Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

            Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

            I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

            … more later….

            Have a Great Day

            Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

            Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
            Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

              It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                  For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                    On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                    <steve@...> wrote:

                    > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                    > might see some bats shortly

                    Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                  • Hank Lambert
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                      Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                      73,

                      Hank Lambert

                      KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                      hank@...

                      kb4mto@...

                      www.hanklambert.com

                      PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                        All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better