RE: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

      It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

      If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

        Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

        Greg  KO6TH

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
          Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

          Fred

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

            Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

            I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

            Fred

            It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

            If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

            ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          • Alex
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

              Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

              Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

              I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

              … more later….

              Have a Great Day

              Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

              Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
              Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                    For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                      On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                      <steve@...> wrote:

                      > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                      > might see some bats shortly

                      Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                    • Hank Lambert
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                        Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                        73,

                        Hank Lambert

                        KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                        hank@...

                        kb4mto@...

                        www.hanklambert.com

                        PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                          All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better