QRU Comment

  • apenadragon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      I know I've asked about this before, but I've had enough local questions about WTF this thing is that I'm going to ask again.

      the QRU<callsign> object lists the "?group,?group,?group......" as the beacon comment but doesn't tell someone that's never seen this before how to use it.

      I'm still of the theory that it should have a comment of "?info to QRU for options"

      Yes the double spaces are intentional for mobile radio display formatting.

      I know the idea is to provide the available options up front, which works great for someone that knows what this is, and how to use it, But given that it's nearly brand new to the APRS community as a whole, and I know that my QRU server options don't all fit onto the mobile radio display in the first place, I would think that a comment that gave some instructions would be more useful.

      Just my .02 on the topic again

      Adam
      KC2ANT/W2CXM