APRSISCE/32 - Range query/SAT GATE

  • Pat KC6VVT Assistant SEC/IL
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Max range setting possible is 10000 in 1/10 (1000 miles?)
      <Configure/General/Range> in menu is the maximum range circle on map.

      Query concerns this range maximum limit of 1000 miles - may be too restrictive and even unsatisfactory for satellite and HF work.

      I have been having trouble since a couple of upgrades in capturing any RF stations digipeated from the International Space Station (ARISS 145.825 MHz) - they are not displaying on the map.

      I am using the latest general release of APRSIS32 on the desktop (Build 8 DTD 2011-08-21 1657 now. May have had a problem with the older version APRSIS.xml file, so copied the latest build into a separate folder for APRSIS-ARISS, and edited it from scratch for ARISS use as KC6VVT-4 for SAT use only.
      Now I amo awaiting passes later of the ISS to try again. The APRSIS32 program has worked in the past, but I seem to have "loss the bubble" somehow and haven't been able to get this to work.

      I had unchecked the APRS-IS (DISABLE) in this version
      <Enables/APRS-IS Enabled>
      so I would get only the received RF from the RS0ISS-4 digipeated packets displayed on a USA map. Will this action preclude reporting digipeated earth stations heard on RF from this station acting as a SatGate?

      Unsure about LISTEN ONLY mode, can you explain what this mode is for? I still would like to send RF to the ISS digipeater and acknowledge RF stations heard, or be able to call CQ, and then transmit QSO data via RF only to other stations in view during the pass.

      What would be best SATGATE mode settings to filter all received from APRS-IS, and send to APRS-IS only RF received packets? Note that I wish none of my station data to be sent to the APRS-IS system, to confirms my station was digipeated by ARISS and other satgates heard me and reported my station!

      Thank you all for any tips on SATGATE operation.

      vy 73 de Pat KC6VVT