Re: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
      It's working for me.  The image was frozen at 06:xx on screen, but a refresh brought it back alive:

      http://91.84.215.75:81/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=193

      On 9/2/2011 7:03 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:
      Steve:

        Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

      ...DOUG
      KD4MOJ

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

        It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

        If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

          Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

          Greg  KO6TH

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
            Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

            Fred

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

              Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

              I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

              Fred

              It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

              If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

              ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            • Alex
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

                Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

                I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

                … more later….

                Have a Great Day

                Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

                Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
                Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                  It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                      For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                        On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                        <steve@...> wrote:

                        > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                        > might see some bats shortly

                        Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                      • Hank Lambert
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                          Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                          73,

                          Hank Lambert

                          KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                          hank@...

                          kb4mto@...

                          www.hanklambert.com

                          PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                            All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better