Re: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

  • Doug Ferrell
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
      Steve:

      Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

      ...DOUG
      KD4MOJ

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Steve Daniels" <steve@...>

      http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

      ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
        It's working for me.  The image was frozen at 06:xx on screen, but a refresh brought it back alive:

        http://91.84.215.75:81/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=193

        On 9/2/2011 7:03 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:
        Steve:

          Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

        ...DOUG
        KD4MOJ

        http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

        ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
            aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

          It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

          If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

            Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

            Greg  KO6TH

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
              Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

              Fred

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

                I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                Fred

                It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

                ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              • Alex
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                  Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

                  Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

                  I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

                  … more later….

                  Have a Great Day

                  Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

                  Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
                  Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                    It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                        For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                          On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                          <steve@...> wrote:

                          > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                          > might see some bats shortly

                          Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                        • Hank Lambert
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                            Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                            73,

                            Hank Lambert

                            KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                            hank@...

                            kb4mto@...

                            www.hanklambert.com

                            PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                              All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better