Re: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
      Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

      Greg  KO6TH

      Steve Daniels wrote:

      http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

      ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

    • Doug Ferrell
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
        Steve:

        Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

        ...DOUG
        KD4MOJ

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
          It's working for me.  The image was frozen at 06:xx on screen, but a refresh brought it back alive:

          http://91.84.215.75:81/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=193

          On 9/2/2011 7:03 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:
          Steve:

            Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

          ...DOUG
          KD4MOJ

          http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

          ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
              aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

            It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

            If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

              Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
                Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                Fred

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                  Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

                  I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                  Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                  Fred

                  It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                  If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                  http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

                  ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                • Alex
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                    Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

                    Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

                    I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

                    … more later….

                    Have a Great Day

                    Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

                    Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
                    Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                      It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                          For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                            On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                            <steve@...> wrote:

                            > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                            > might see some bats shortly

                            Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                          • Hank Lambert
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                              Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                              73,

                              Hank Lambert

                              KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                              hank@...

                              kb4mto@...

                              www.hanklambert.com

                              PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                                All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better