RE: [aprsisce] OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

      Oh because I used an ip address this might get stuck in your spam filters as Lynn has just pointed out

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

        Very cool. What are you using to stream the video?

        73,

        Hank Lambert

        KB4MTO/TA5ZC

        hank@...

        kb4mto@...

        www.hanklambert.com

        PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

        http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

        ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • Greg D
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
          Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

          Greg  KO6TH

          Steve Daniels wrote:

          http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

          ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        • Doug Ferrell
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
            Steve:

            Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

            ...DOUG
            KD4MOJ

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
              It's working for me.  The image was frozen at 06:xx on screen, but a refresh brought it back alive:

              http://91.84.215.75:81/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=193

              On 9/2/2011 7:03 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:
              Steve:

                Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

              ...DOUG
              KD4MOJ

              http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

              ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                  Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
                    Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                    Fred

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                      Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

                      I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

                      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                      Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                      Fred

                      It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                      If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                      http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

                      ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

                      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                    • Alex
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                        Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

                        Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

                        I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

                        … more later….

                        Have a Great Day

                        Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

                        Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
                        Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                          It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                              For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                                On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                                <steve@...> wrote:

                                > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                                > might see some bats shortly

                                Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                              • Hank Lambert
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                                  Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                                  73,

                                  Hank Lambert

                                  KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                                  hank@...

                                  kb4mto@...

                                  www.hanklambert.com

                                  PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                                    All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better