OT my webcam

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

      http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

      ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

        Oh because I used an ip address this might get stuck in your spam filters as Lynn has just pointed out

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

        ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • Hank Lambert
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011

          Very cool. What are you using to stream the video?

          73,

          Hank Lambert

          KB4MTO/TA5ZC

          hank@...

          kb4mto@...

          www.hanklambert.com

          PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

          http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

          ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        • Greg D
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
            Nice view, but is it a good idea to have the camera looking directly into the Sun like that?

            Greg  KO6TH

            Steve Daniels wrote:

            http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

            ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          • Doug Ferrell
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
              Steve:

              Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

              ...DOUG
              KD4MOJ

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
                It's working for me.  The image was frozen at 06:xx on screen, but a refresh brought it back alive:

                http://91.84.215.75:81/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=193

                On 9/2/2011 7:03 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:
                Steve:

                  Nothing comes up on the IP for me.

                ...DOUG
                KD4MOJ

                http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

                ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                  It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                  If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                    Probably not but it’s a fixed camera pointing east. Now have a video capature card so going to connect up another camera with a  very good lens 10-25mm F1.4

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
                      Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                      Fred

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011

                        Well I can see it pretty much in continous use, So am guessing that someone has viewed and left the page open, which slows my connection down, and slows the camera viewing down for others.

                        I now have a 20min session limit, so if you actually are watching and the camera stops you need to refresh to get it going again

                        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                        Is that how the other side of the pond spells 'occasional'? ;)

                        Fred

                        It an Axis 210A network camera, so a self contained system connected to my router

                        If people are not actually viewing, could you close the webpage as I have limited bandwidth?

                        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                        http://91.84.215.75:81 just put a webcam up, it’s a bit dark here at the moment, I could do with a better lens on it, I do have some and need to figure the auto focus connections, sometimes get tallships in view

                        ANSRVR UIMCAM setup for announcement when they are

                        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                      • Alex
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                          Your camera is working for me in Toronto Canada.

                          Yes you need to focus it, if it is a PTZ cam, then a joysyick controller should be able to do the focusing.

                          I have cameras around my house (as it is part of my business in security), I may try to see how I can stream one of the cameras other than remote client viewing.

                          … more later….

                          Have a Great Day

                          Alex - VA3CKI / VE3AWS

                          Virus Database (VPS): 9/3/2011
                          Tested on: 9/3/2011 2:42:49 PM

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                            It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you might see some bats shortly

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011

                                For that to work for me it would need to be able to connect to an ip address and port and capture the image

                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                                  On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Steve Daniels
                                  <steve@...> wrote:

                                  > It’s not PTZ, I need to put a better lens on it. And you
                                  > might see some bats shortly

                                  Is the mother-in-law coming over?

                                • Hank Lambert
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                                    Very nice! Are you using a streaming server at home or a streaming service?

                                    73,

                                    Hank Lambert

                                    KB4MTO/TA5ZC

                                    hank@...

                                    kb4mto@...

                                    www.hanklambert.com

                                    PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011

                                      All built into the camera, having just seen how the outside world see it, I need to change things, it should be continuos motion, not rapidly updating still that it looks like, I guess I don’t have enough upload bandwidth will see if I can it it to compress the video better