Re: [aprsisce] Re: Filter ?

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
      Gervais VE2CKN wrote...

      > anyone here have experiences with Filter using UI-View?

      I'll email you direct too, but what you are you trying to do?
      Filters should work exactly the same in UI-View as in any
      other APRS client. The filter is sent to the server when you
      connect and the server responds by sending the data that
      you asked for.

      As in UI-View, you could send a message to SERVER (not
      on RF) and change your filter on the fly... e.g. "filter m/100"
      If for any reason you get disconnected, it would of course
      revert to whatever filter you had set up in the client.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      www.ui-view.org
    • gervais fillion
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
        well i did it Lynn
        never add a response !!!!!!!!!!!!

        i am not ready too try your software yet.
        uiview is working good yet..

        and i dont have another pc where i could try it.
        maybe next winter,i could try it on my packet bbs pc.

        actually i have a tnc on com1,
        would your software used com2 and other tnc??? a mfj1270 in kiss mode ???

        i dont want conflict of adress here.

        thanks for your response
        it was allright

        gervais ve2ckn

        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        From: kj4erj@...
        Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:42:30 -0400
        Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: Filter ?

        There'll probably be better expertise on how filters interact with UI-View's IGate function over there.

        But if you're getting ready to replace your UI-View with APRSISCE/32, you can experiment with various filters by typing Control-G (for Gate) and entering the filter terms.  As is universal in APRSISCE/32, you just enter the filter, with no required prefix word of "filter".

        On 8/30/2011 7:13 PM, gervais fillion wrote:
        O/T

        anyone here have experiences with Filter using Uiview?
        please send me an email direct at

        i need guidance me too for my Igate Filter,

        thanks moderator for let me pass my message

        gervais ve2ckn

        > To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        > From: w7kj@...
        > Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:11:05 +0000
        > Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Filter ?

        > > See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
        > > part about:
        > >
        > > > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
        > > > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
        > > > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
        > > > your filter string until the station is heard from.
        > >
        > > If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
        > > terms should be removed.

        > I see nothing on any of the drop downs that is obvious to me
        > that I have checked, I have "Await(CAESVR1rA) on bottom of the
        > screen.Only one window open and have shut down and restarted
        > several times. Where to look?
        > Ken/w7kj

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional