firenet.us issues (was: 2011/08/30 13.20)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
      That probably had nothing to do with the upgrade, but everything to do with firenet.us.  I'm assuming you are using firenet as your APRS-IS server?  If not, let me know because the following does not apply.

      Yesterday, firenet.us again had APRS-IS connectivity issues and was connected to the CWOP server as an upstream feed.  When this happens, messaging from the APRS-IS core fails and many of the ham radio APRS stations fail to appear.

      You can see this by visiting the firenet server status page at http://firenet.us:14501/ and scrolling down to the Outbound Connections section.  If the Server to which it is connected says anything about CWOP, you'll be missing most of the APRS-IS stations and need to switch back to one of the tier 2 servers until firenet resolves itself, usually about 05:00 every morning Eastern time.

      Another way you can tell is to double-click the APRS-IS OK pane and check the hourly traffic counts.  When the packet rate changes dramatically, chances are firenet has changed feeds.

      PS.  Here's what firenet.us says now and I suspect you're seeing the APRS-IS stations again:

      Outbound Connections
      Serverq AddrVerifiedSoftwareConnectedPackets
      Rcvd
      Packets
      Sent
      Bytes
      Rcvd
      Bytes
      Sent
      Rcv
      bps
      Send
      bps
      Last
      Packet In
      Looped
      Packets
      Queue
      Depth(ms)
      third.aprs.net/146.229.162.182:1015292E5A2B6YesjavAPRSSrvr 3.15b0649m52.859s105,0892,4799,376,814229,22425,07161200.024s1630

      On 8/31/2011 12:50 AM, Adam Rozanski wrote:
      Lynn downloaded 2011/08/30 13.20 now all I get is the wx stations tryed the transmit trick but it will not work any help
      Adam ka2uol