Filter ?

  • annie2ka
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
      b/CAESVR1rA o/CAESVR1rA is on Firenet attached to
      my filter string, I did not put it in "config,general,Filter" nor
      did is it in the XML text. How to get rid of it??

      Thanks, Ken/w7kj
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
        See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
        part about:

        > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
        > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
        > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
        > your filter string until the station is heard from.

        If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
        terms should be removed.

        On 8/30/2011 6:40 PM, annie2ka wrote:
        > b/CAESVR1rA o/CAESVR1rA is on Firenet attached to
        > my filter string, I did not put it in "config,general,Filter" nor
        > did is it in the XML text. How to get rid of it??
        >

        > Thanks, Ken/w7kj

      • annie2ka
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011

          > See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
          > part about:
          >
          > > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
          > > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
          > > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
          > > your filter string until the station is heard from.
          >
          > If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
          > terms should be removed.

          I see nothing on any of the drop downs that is obvious to me
          that I have checked, I have "Await(CAESVR1rA) on bottom of the
          screen.Only one window open and have shut down and restarted
          several times. Where to look?
          Ken/w7kj

        • gervais fillion
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
            O/T

            anyone here have experiences with Filter using Uiview?
            please send me an email direct at
            ve2ckn@...

            i need guidance me too for my Igate Filter,

            thanks moderator for let me pass my message

            gervais ve2ckn

            > To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
            > From: w7kj@...
            > Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:11:05 +0000
            > Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Filter ?

            > > See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
            > > part about:
            > >
            > > > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
            > > > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
            > > > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
            > > > your filter string until the station is heard from.
            > >
            > > If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
            > > terms should be removed.

            > I see nothing on any of the drop downs that is obvious to me
            > that I have checked, I have "Await(CAESVR1rA) on bottom of the
            > screen.Only one window open and have shut down and restarted
            > several times. Where to look?
            > Ken/w7kj

            > <*> Your email settings:
            > Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > <*> To change settings online go to:
            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > <*> To change settings via email:
            > aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
            > aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • annie2ka
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011

              > See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
              > part about:
              >
              > > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
              > > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
              > > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
              > > your filter string until the station is heard from.
              >
              > If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
              > terms should be removed.

              > Ok I just used "center ME" and rid myself of
              it thanks for the pointer.
              Ken/w7kj

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
                Center your main window on something else then. Apparently when you
                last closed APRSISCE/32, you had it centered on an NWS object. On
                restart, the main window is Awaiting that object that will never come back.

                Either right click on another station, or left (normal) click on one and
                select Center, or use Screen / Center / Me.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 30, 2011
                  Try asking in the UI-View support group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ui-view/

                  There'll probably be better expertise on how filters interact with UI-View's IGate function over there.

                  But if you're getting ready to replace your UI-View with APRSISCE/32, you can experiment with various filters by typing Control-G (for Gate) and entering the filter terms.  As is universal in APRSISCE/32, you just enter the filter, with no required prefix word of "filter".

                  On 8/30/2011 7:13 PM, gervais fillion wrote:
                  O/T

                  anyone here have experiences with Filter using Uiview?
                  please send me an email direct at

                  i need guidance me too for my Igate Filter,

                  thanks moderator for let me pass my message

                  gervais ve2ckn

                  > To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: w7kj@...
                  > Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:11:05 +0000
                  > Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Filter ?

                  > > See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/automatic-filters Specifically the
                  > > part about:
                  > >
                  > > > If you have a remembered MultiTrack that is not known, a window will
                  > > > open that is "Await(CALL)". Because APRSISCE/32 doesn't know if CALL
                  > > > is a station or an object, it will add both a b/CALL and o/CALL to
                  > > > your filter string until the station is heard from.
                  > >
                  > > If you close the MultiTrack that is Awaiting(CAESVR1rA), those filter
                  > > terms should be removed.

                  > I see nothing on any of the drop downs that is obvious to me
                  > that I have checked, I have "Await(CAESVR1rA) on bottom of the
                  > screen.Only one window open and have shut down and restarted
                  > several times. Where to look?
                  > Ken/w7kj

                  > <*> Your email settings:
                  > Individual Email | Traditional
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings online go to:
                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  >
                  > <*> To change settings via email:
                  > aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  > aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Keith VE7GDH
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
                    Gervais VE2CKN wrote...

                    > anyone here have experiences with Filter using UI-View?

                    I'll email you direct too, but what you are you trying to do?
                    Filters should work exactly the same in UI-View as in any
                    other APRS client. The filter is sent to the server when you
                    connect and the server responds by sending the data that
                    you asked for.

                    As in UI-View, you could send a message to SERVER (not
                    on RF) and change your filter on the fly... e.g. "filter m/100"
                    If for any reason you get disconnected, it would of course
                    revert to whatever filter you had set up in the client.

                    73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                    www.ui-view.org
                  • gervais fillion
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
                      well i did it Lynn
                      never add a response !!!!!!!!!!!!

                      i am not ready too try your software yet.
                      uiview is working good yet..

                      and i dont have another pc where i could try it.
                      maybe next winter,i could try it on my packet bbs pc.

                      actually i have a tnc on com1,
                      would your software used com2 and other tnc??? a mfj1270 in kiss mode ???

                      i dont want conflict of adress here.

                      thanks for your response
                      it was allright

                      gervais ve2ckn