Sats, Colors, Crosshairs, and Keys (Dev: 2011/08/26 00:13)

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
      Yep, yet another Dev release! It has:

      Fix for white satellites, yes, it was still busted, but I believe I have
      the fix fixed this time. Only Steve, G6UIM, can tell us for sure!

      Callsign labels on the map should now honor the theme's Window Text Color.

      If suitably configured, crosshairs now show when you're Control-Arrow
      panning around the map.

      A few more "shortcut" keys:

      + Zoom in (or = unshifted)
      PgUp Zoom in
      - Zoom out
      PgDwn Zoom Out

      < Fade Out (or comma, unshifted)
      > Fade In (or period, unshifted)

      cC Center on whatever you're following
      lL Toggle the state of Screen / Follow / Locked
      mM Center on ME
      pP Restore Preferred View (if set)
      tT Transmit

      Did I miss any that were discussed? It's been a hectic day. Eventually
      you'll just be able to select a key and give it an assignment from a
      drop-down list. And yes, they will be CaSe SeNsItIvE!

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
        Lynn,

        Either the < > doesn't work or I don't understand what Fade means.

        Brian
        N5BRJ

        > Yep, yet another Dev release! It has:
        >
        > Fix for white satellites, yes, it was still busted, but I believe I have
        > the fix fixed this time. Only Steve, G6UIM, can tell us for sure!
        >
        > Callsign labels on the map should now honor the theme's Window Text Color.
        >
        > If suitably configured, crosshairs now show when you're Control-Arrow
        > panning around the map.
        >
        > A few more "shortcut" keys:
        >
        > + Zoom in (or = unshifted)
        > PgUp Zoom in
        > - Zoom out
        > PgDwn Zoom Out
        >
        > < Fade Out (or comma, unshifted)
        > > Fade In (or period, unshifted)
        >
        > cC Center on whatever you're following
        > lL Toggle the state of Screen / Follow / Locked
        > mM Center on ME
        > pP Restore Preferred View (if set)
        > tT Transmit
        >
        > Did I miss any that were discussed? It's been a hectic day. Eventually
        > you'll just be able to select a key and give it an assignment from a
        > drop-down list. And yes, they will be CaSe SeNsItIvE!

      • kd4dra
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
          Its the " , and the . "

          Rick
          KD4DRA

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 25, 2011
            Another new Dev release just put out. They work now.

            Brian
            N5BRJ

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 26, 2011
              They're the same as the left and right arrows. It fades in and out the
              maps. Left or < increases transparency or fades out the map. Right or
              > decreases transparency or makes the maps darker. See also:
              http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/transparency

              Note that this doesn't work under some versions of WINE and Linux.

              PS. I had pushed out one version that didn't have the <> in it, so
              check About to make sure you have the absolutely latest version.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 26, 2011

                I am happy to announce that the satellite display for GPS is now fixed as far as I can see, looks a lot more stable, and no white satellites. Now to get rid of the retina burn, I see green/yellow/red bars permanently now

                Working on some more GPS things for lynn to do:-)

                Delay in report due to catching a steam train to Dartmouth , sitting on a yacht and watching the air show.

                Spoke to an ex Red Arrows Engineer, who has been all over the world with them, he said it was the best place he had been to see air displays.

                Recommended thing to do

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
                  Okay, I'm not understanding this center me/locked concept.

                  I'm getting GPS data from my D710 in APRS mode, so that might have
                  some bearing, but probably not.

                  If I hit C to center on me, I cannot scroll away using the scroll
                  keys. I get dragged back when the next GPS location comes in.

                  If I understand the situation properly, I should be able to do this if
                  Locked is no enabled. The status of the locked annunciator does
                  nothing to the operation. It doesn't matter if I'm locked or not, I
                  get dragged back to center.

                  When using the mouse to drag, I get pulled back to centering on me
                  when lock is enabled. When lock is off, I can drag away and break the
                  lock.

                  Mouse movement honours the lock status, key action does not.

                  Also, didn't the control key modifier get removed from the arrows for
                  dragging when you moved zoom and fade to other keys? I still need ctrl
                  arrow to move.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
                    On 8/27/2011 2:23 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                    > If I hit C to center on me, I cannot scroll away using the scroll
                    > keys. I get dragged back when the next GPS location comes in.

                    My bust, the keyboard panning wasn't clearing the CenterTracking flag
                    even though Locked wasn't set.

                    > If I understand the situation properly, I should be able to do this if
                    > Locked is no enabled. The status of the locked annunciator does
                    > nothing to the operation. It doesn't matter if I'm locked or not, I
                    > get dragged back to center.

                    Yep, my bust. Thanks for finding it. I've fixed it but won't get it
                    pushed out until tomorrow night at the earliest.

                    > When using the mouse to drag, I get pulled back to centering on me
                    > when lock is enabled. When lock is off, I can drag away and break the
                    > lock.

                    That's the way it's supposed to work (and will work) for keyboard
                    panning also.

                    > Mouse movement honours the lock status, key action does not.

                    Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

                    > Also, didn't the control key modifier get removed from the arrows for
                    > dragging when you moved zoom and fade to other keys? I still need ctrl
                    > arrow to move.

                    That's true. I haven't put in the configuration switch to allow one vs
                    the other yet. When that finally goes in, you'll be able to configure
                    that arrow keys pan and control-arrows do what the arrows do now. The
                    default will remain the current behavior for backward compatibility.