Re: [aprsisce] Size of Station Heard List

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
      If you do a Screen / Follow / Find, the drop-down contains a list of all
      of the currently known stations and objects. But the real station list,
      as far as I'm concerned, is the map. As James pointed out, the
      scrolling list is just that, a scrolling list of received packets.
      Eventually there may be a more formal list.

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
          If you haven't tried it, select AUTOMATIC and then re-size to short and squatty to tall and narrow.

          Fred, N7FMH

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
            I've asked this before. I still think it should be some type of configuration setting or allow a resize of the scrolling object.

            Brian
            N5BRJ

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
              Go to: Toolbar>Configure>Screen>Orientation and select Narrow

              This will give you more!

              I've asked this before. I still think it should be some type of configuration setting or allow a resize of the scrolling object.

              Brian
              N5BRJ

              --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Weder" <eaweder@...> wrote:

              > The list of stations heard at
              the top right is set to 6. How do you increase
              > this to show more
              stations?

              > Thanks,
              > Eric Weder

              VE6EAW

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                And no, before anyone asks, I'm not really going to get into the "skinnable" user interface anytime too soon.  It's already difficult to refer to where the "APRS-IS OK" pane is as it moves from the top center to the top left depending on your orientation which might depend on the width/height ratio of your window.

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                  But on a more positive note, since this isn't really a station list, but is a packet list, you can get the same information and MUCH more by simply doing Enables / View Logs / Packets and clicking Enable at the top.  You get timestamps, port names, and the WHOLE packet!

                  For most packets, the initial callsign is what you'd see in the scrolling station pane.  Nicknames, objects, and third-party packets will not follow this general rule, but they're certainly not the most common packet types.

                  PS.  Eventually the thread name (WinMain, in this case) will disappear from some or all trace log windows.  The ones that are user-useful (like Packets, Transmit, and such) will probably have this disappear eventually.  Internal diagnostics or those that are fed from multiple internal threads will probably retain this bit of valuable diagnostic information.

                  And no, before anyone asks, I'm not really going to get into the "skinnable" user interface anytime too soon.  It's already difficult to refer to where the "APRS-IS OK" pane is as it moves from the top center to the top left depending on your orientation which might depend on the width/height ratio of your window.

                  On 8/2/2011 5:37 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
                  Go to: Toolbar>Configure>Screen>Orientation and select Narrow

                  This will give you more!

                  I've asked this before. I still think it should be some type of configuration setting or allow a resize of the scrolling object.

                  Brian
                  N5BRJ

                  --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Weder" <eaweder@...> wrote:

                  > The list of stations heard at the top right is set to 6. How do you increase
                  > this to show more stations?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Eric Weder
                  > VE6EAW

                • Randy Love
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                    Any chance of making the Packet ( or some other log window ) dockable to the bottom of the main screen?

                    ( I know, this is a rewording of the 'Monitor' window concept from UI-View, but darn it, it's USEFUL to me! )

                    Randy
                    WF5X

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                      The closest I'm likely to come to docking in the near term is remembering the size and location of various named Trace Logs similar to what I do to the main window.  At approximately the same time, MultiTrack windows will remember where you last put one that was tracking a particular station.  But before any of that can happen, I need to move all of this "accumulated" cruft out of the main APRSISCE/32.XML configuration file and into something less critical and allowed to grow without bounds (subject, of course, to loss without warning if you do end up filling your disk).

                      PS.  Ever wonder why Windoze gets slower and slower over time and gets suddenly faster after a re-install?  It's all that "remember where I last put this and what it looked like" that it records into the registry while you use it.

                      On 8/2/2011 8:14 PM, Randy Love wrote: Any chance of making the Packet ( or some other log window ) dockable to the bottom of the main screen?

                      ( I know, this is a rewording of the 'Monitor' window concept from UI-View, but darn it, it's USEFUL to me! )

                      Randy
                      WF5X

                    • kd4dra
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                        I like this remembering the packet logging window and also the other thing
                        you mentioned earlier today about doing away with the WinMain in front of
                        those packets.

                        Thanks

                        Rick
                        KD4DRA