Re: [aprsisce] Configured Port in KISS for D72A

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      If you open and enable the <YourPortName> trace log, and then disable / re-enable the port, you should see what's going worng.

      If you're using the USB port on the D72, might it be that you plugged it into a different USB port on the PC possibly resulting in it being assigned a different COMn number?  Being hung in Open usually indicates a configuration problem (the port isn't there or is "owned" by some other piece of software).  If the D72 TNC is in the wrong mode, APRSISCE/32 will usually make it to OK, but with some complaints in the trace log and no subsequent packets being displayed.  If you have a non-zero Quiet Time on the port, then APRSISCE/32 will close and re-open the port at that interval if no packets are received.

      On 8/1/2011 7:46 PM, Rick Valero wrote:

      Yes it was in the proper TNC mode when I started and enabled the port…

      Good news, disabling the port did stop the beeping, now I know why.

      Thanks!

      However, when I rechecked/enabled the port with the D72A connected, it did not change the status from “open” to “ok”…

      I obviously missed something.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011

        It appears that the MPC-4A memory application that came with the D72a transceiver is using COM3 and yes I did use a different USB port possibly resulting in a different port assignment. I go ahead a research and get back to you.

        For what it’s worth…, here’s a section of the trace log:

        WinMain:2011-08-02T05:33:11.746 Logging Disabled

        WinMain:2011-08-02T05:33:13.556 Logging Enabled

        THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3:9600,N,8,1

        THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3 with 4 Args

        THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3 Got -1 Error 5

        THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Status 0 Error 0 At 228 in c:\cvstest\code\aprs\aprsisce\cprtns.c

        THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Error Opening COM3:9600,N,8,1 LastError 0

        Thanks.