Re: [aprsisce] Configured Port in KISS for D72A

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      Yes it is. Is your D72 connected? And was it in the proper TNC mode
      when you started APRSISCE/32 or enabled the port?

      If you uncheck Enables / Ports / <YourPortName> (probably THD72A), then
      it will stop beeping. When you re-check that, assuming the D72 is
      connected and in the proper APRS mode, APRSISCE/32 will initialize it
      and make it to the OK status.

      If you're going to disconnect your radio, make sure you disable the port
      or APRSISCE/32 will continue to try to find it again (and drive you
      crazy with the beeps). Now, if Kenwood would just make a KISS mode that
      the radio would stay in across power cycles, it would be much easier to
      get the two talking reliably and independent of order of startup or TNC
      mode.

      If there's a D72 user out there that has it "playing nice" with
      APRSISCE/32 and would like to provide some verbiage for the D72 page
      from http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/compatible-hardware-software, please
      post it here or e-mail to me privately. We'll need the <RfPort> piece
      of your APRSIS32.XML file as well as what mode the radio's TNC should
      be in when APRSISCE/32 is started or the port is enabled.

      On 8/1/2011 6:39 PM, rvalero54 wrote:
      > Getting a "cycled" Message with an annoying pulse noise on the top left of APRSIS32 Screen:
      >
      > Cycles through:
      > APRS OK, NMEA OK, THD72A OPEN...etc...
      >
      > Is something stuck?
      > Isn't THD72A suppose to read "OK" instead of "Open"?
      >
      > I thought the noise and cycling would stop if I disconnected my transciever...nope!
    • Rick Valero
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011

        Yes it was in the proper TNC mode when I started and enabled the port…

        Good news, disabling the port did stop the beeping, now I know why.

        Thanks!

        However, when I rechecked/enabled the port with the D72A connected, it did not change the status from “open” to “ok”…

        I obviously missed something.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011

            It appears that the MPC-4A memory application that came with the D72a transceiver is using COM3 and yes I did use a different USB port possibly resulting in a different port assignment. I go ahead a research and get back to you.

            For what it’s worth…, here’s a section of the trace log:

            WinMain:2011-08-02T05:33:11.746 Logging Disabled

            WinMain:2011-08-02T05:33:13.556 Logging Enabled

            THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3:9600,N,8,1

            THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3 with 4 Args

            THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Opening COM3 Got -1 Error 5

            THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Status 0 Error 0 At 228 in c:\cvstest\code\aprs\aprsisce\cprtns.c

            THD72A:2011-08-02T05:33:14.523 Error Opening COM3:9600,N,8,1 LastError 0

            Thanks.