Re: [aprsisce] Help

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
      Or if you have mobile Internet on your laptop, you'll see it while driving around.  Or if you leave the laptop at home connected to the Internet, you should see your track when you get back, provided that there are functioning IGates in your mobile area.

      As Steve suggested, check out the Wiki, read a bunch, and then post back here with any detailed questions you might have.

      As for "does it operate like aprs.fi", that depends what you mean.

      Does APRSISCE/32 use the same APRS-IS data as aprs.fi?  Yes.

      Does APRSISCE/32 maintain a huger database of APRS activity and let you see long-term paths from months ago like aprs.fi?  No.

      Is APRSISCE/32 a web-based APRS viewer like aprs.fi?  No

      Can APRSISCE/32 provide visualization of APRS-IS data for any arbitrary area like aprs.if?  Yes - Provided you keep it running.

      Can APRSISCE/32 work in an APRS-IS-less fashion with a suitable RF Interface (like via your D72), unlike aprs.fi?  Yes

      So "operate like" is a very broad and ambiguous question.

      On 8/1/2011 11:05 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:

      If you setup APRSIS to communicate with the D72 then yes you should see yourself and others move around on the map.

      The wiki with info on setting up to communicate with the radio, and lots of other help is

      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator