Latest version

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 16, 2011
      I notice the latest version for the programe (Windows32) seems to be  21-05-2011 but I can not find that on the yahoo group files areas anywhere. Any reason for this? The download/upgrade seems to work ok from the programe itself  but only once it fails what appears to be the primary download location it goes elsewhere to get it.

      Tony Hunt  VK5AH wavetel@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 19, 2011
        Yes, that is the latest version and it is only available via the About updater.  There's no significant changes in it vs the version in the Files section, but I messed up the update server and had to push my latest internal version out before I had intended to.

        The About updater first attempts to use the Coral CDN (Content Distribution Network see http://www.coralcdn.org/) to provide for lightening the load on the primary server when new versions are released.  However, with CoralCDN, I get what I pay for sometimes (it's free), which is why the program is designed to fall back to fetching the update direct from my server.  It really doesn't "go elsewhere", but instead goes directly to the source on the retry.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 19, 2011

          21-05-2011 is a development version, only the stable releases are in the files area.

          Download a  stable release and then find <Update.Development>0</Update.Development> in the XML file and change the 0 to a 1

          Be sure to edit the XML file with APRSIS not running and also backup the file first just in case

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 19, 2011

            And for those wondering why Coral CDN fails, it sometimes displays a message prior to allowing access to the file, I suppose that could be fixed by lengthening the time that APRSIS waits for Coral to respond. But as you get directed to the server that Coral is caching when this happens, I personally don’t see that it’s a big deal.

            The message by the way is just an encouragement to use the paid for service

            Oh and the stable versions are also hosted on the Wiki

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 10, 2014
              What is the latest version I have built: 2012/08/30 09:19.

              Also is show my passcode to be 16825, Is that the one for my call sign? Just checking.

              Thank You

              KF5MLP
            • cmh31909
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016

                According to the website (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/downloads), the latest version was released in 2012, is that correct?  Is the software no longer being developed/maintained, or am I just not looking in the right place?

                Thanks,

                Carlton

                K2CMH

              • Rob Giuliano
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016
                  The quickest way to tell is to:
                    Download it
                    start it
                    "About" will tell you if there is an update available.

                  There have been many "development updates" since then, but I don't think there have been any "official releases".

                  Lynn has been talking about an official release coming.  Until then, I'd suggest reading about the "Development" releases and determine if you want to go that route in the meantime:

                  Robert Giuliano
                  KB8RCO

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016

                    I would recommend the development version as it is very stable. The latest version is recent this year. See the link below, change and don’t look back! J

                    Best regards,

                    Fred N7FMH

                    According to the website (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/downloads), the latest version was released in 2012, is that correct?  Is the software no longer being developed/maintained, or am I just not looking in the right place?

                    Thanks,

                    Carlton

                    K2CMH

                    Avast logo

                  • cmh31909
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016
                      Rob,

                      Thank you for that information, I will consider doing that.  Is there a 'changelog' published somewhere so we know what has been updated in each development version when it updates?

                      Thanks,
                      Carlton

                    • cmh31909
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016
                        Hi Fred,

                        I will take your advice!  Is there a 'changelog' published somewhere so I can see what has been updated since the last official release in 2012?

                        Thanks,
                        Carlton

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016
                          Each development release is announced in an e-mail with a quick summary of what's new in it.  But as a "catch-up" and a heads-up on just how large the release notes will be for the next general release, here's a copy of my internal notes through 2015 (warning, it's pretty lengthy!)

                          ===========

                          Corrected case of ToCall translation from APDSXX to APDSxx for "APDSXX  SP9UOB for dsDigi and ds-tracker".  XX=literal, xx=variable.  (DP9PEE-2)

                          Corrected csT parsing for Altitude in compressed coordinates sourced from GGA.  (Krzysztof SQ5NWI)

                          =========== 2012/08/30 09:19

                          Don't activate Mic-E notifications on killed objects.  (YB2TJV's YC2ZBM emergency symbol)
                          YB2TJV>APU25N,TCPIP*,qAC,T2JKTPUS:;YC2ZBM   _242228z0743.55S\10945.65E!Posko Induk Lebaran 2011 Orari Lokal Keb

                          Correct (hopefully) units of Windspeed and Gusts.  My parser was confused as to what units applied to what packet element.  (KD5JZC)

                          Attempt to identify SSn-N path aliases.  See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-aliases for details.

                          Show both Non-alias used hop count and Simplistic used hop count in the Digi/IGate column of the packet scroller.

                          =========== 2012/08/30 23:40

                          Add Configure / Aliases / Accumulate toggle to enable parsing even with all Alias() trace logs disabled.

                          Save captured Possible and Unused-0 Aliases across restart and support Clear options.

                          Complete Configure / Aliases / ... menu option functionality (New, Enable/Disable, Make Known, Remove)  See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-aliases for an idea of what these are supposed to do.

                          =========== 2012/08/31 08:02

                          Dev Mode Only: If you set a TestFilter (Control-G), then hit Control-I (Tab) for IGate, AND meet a bunch of other conditions, you should get asked if you want to "Set IGate Filter To... ".  If you say "Yes", the displayed current TestFilter will be used to arbitrarily gate packets from -IS to RF, but ONLY as long as all of the conditions are still met.  The only way to change the filter is to change the Test Filter and then do another Control-I.  The only way to clear the IGate filter is to restart APRSISCE/32, however if you disable the IGate(Filter) trace log, then gating will cease.
                          Conditions: Development mode, APRS-IS has IStoRF checked, At least one Xmit-enabled RF Port, FilterTest Trace Log is Enabled

                          The IGate Filter enabled is not remembered, but the value is.  After a restart, the Control-G filter will offer it as a default which can then be re-adopted into the IGate Filter via Control-I.  This is to make selecting the filter a very conscious decision until additional safeties are put in place.

                          Double-clicking the APRS-IS OK pane will show IStoRF: n if filtered packets have been gated.

                          Don't gate messages from -IS to RF if the station was heard inside a 3rd party packet.  IGate capabilities and the ?IGATE query will include a PKT_CNT similar to MSG_CNT to show how many filtered packets have been gated since the program was started.

                          Don't count a 3rd-party wrapped station as HeardOnRF, only HeardAs3rd.

                          Don't gate messages from -IS to RF if source station was heard locally via RF per #2 at http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx.  I use the same timer and hops as "Recently Local", namely 30 minutes and 2 used hops (double-click vertical bar just right of the map).  These will eventually be configurable.

                          Disable MeNot3rd (wasn't using port configuration checkbox anyway) as it borks other things.  Good idea, but I need to think more on it.

                          Detect and log, but don't learn, unused -0 alias following a used alias.  Still bogus, but don't know what digi might be busted or if it is an original SSn sans -N.  (W4POX-5)
                          W4POX-5>SVUP0Q,KB4ZIN-5*,WIDE1*,K4MQF-1*,NV4FM-5*,WIDE2*,VA2,qAR,KG4LAA:'h.#l #/]Portsmouth EOC

                          Include known aliases in the unused -0 detection.  Yep, that highlights a BUNCH more potentially bogus digipeaters!  You actually might not want to run Alias(-0) enabled on a full feed now.  (W1WAB-9 via KG4YZY-10)
                          W1WAB-9>R7TR8R,NI4CE-12*,KG4YZY-10*,WIDE2:`n1.l j/"46}

                          Correct New check when forcing output to the Alias(-0) trace log.  Funny what a big difference a ! makes.

                          Break out Alias(-0) to Alias(-0) Alias(Dbl-0) and Alias(First-0).  See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-aliases (at the bottom) for details on what they mean.

                          Corrected View / Platforms / Unrecognized to only look at non-objects.  It was mistakenly only counting objects when it's the object originator that has the platform!

                          Replace View / Platforms / None count with Non-Object count instead of total station count.  This is the denominator for the percentage calculations so they'll make more sense now.

                          Expand View / Platforms / Experimental like Unrecognized to see the values after the >APZ.

                          Promote "aprx de OH2MQK" to a dedicated View / Platform category with 388 concurrent users over the past 2 hours.

                          Update platform determinator to trump weather-packet implied platform with ToCall-defined platform.  SQ3FYK WX/Digi was incorrectly appearing as WinAPRS.
                          You can expect the View / Platform numbers for the "APRS Software Types" listed on page 63 of aprs101.pdf to go down as these were being improperly categorized relative to the packet's ToCall.  These are APRSdos, MacAPRS, pocketAPRS, APRS+SA, WinAPRS, X-APRS.

                          Promote "SQ3FYK WX/Digi" to a dedicated View / Platform category now that it's no longer mis-categorized due to Weather.

                          Divorce Weather's "APRS Software Type" platform from the Station's platform type.  The weather's ostensible platform type is displayed along with the Unit in the station's popup window.

                          Move APTTxx (Tiny Trak) from Others to Byonics cascade in View / Platforms.

                          Promote "OpenAPRS" from Others to a dedicated View / Platform category with 72 concurrent users over the past 2 hours.

                          Identify UISS platform as {UISSnn} in the comment.  They really need to get an assigned ToCall as they're using >APRS generically.

                          Break out UI-View versions based on {UIVxxx} in comment and/or APU1/2/3xx ToCall.

                          =========== 2012/09/04 21:26

                          Restructure internal Transmit Pressure calculations.  Hopefully I didn't bork anything.

                          Verified that filters for -IS to RF IGating will not (at least, should not) gate a station that was recently heard locally on RF (same definitions as for gating messages from -IS to RF).

                          Support Configure / Companions to allow additional stations to be transmitted with their own GeniusBeaconing settings and (eventually) with full messaging capability.  This should answer the need for "tactical" callsign stations by enabling a Companion and disabling (or slowing down) your main station beacon.  Note that the messaging isn't done quite yet, but the beaconing is.  See the new Companions trace log after you've configured one.  All Companion comments will have "de <MYCALL-ssid>" appended automatically.  See KJ4ERJ-TC for an example.  (Colin & Liz)

                          =========== 2012/09/06 02:03

                          Preserve configured Companion GeniusBeaconing settings across restart.  (Oops)

                          Support Acking incoming messages for Companions if Messaging is enabled.  Goes into an Eavesdropping-style chat window with no way to directly respond (yet), but priority-wise it's second highest between ME and MY messages.

                          Give each companion their own timer for Configure / Status / Beacon / Interval (comment suppression).  One parameter drives it for the entire instance, but each Companion will get around to it on it's own timer.

                          Configure / Beacon selections drive the format and composition of the packet transmitted for a Companion except for Comment, RF Path, and whether or not Messaging is supported (based on the Companion's Messages checkbox).

                          =========== 2012/09/06 02:51

                          Attempt to diagnose why Companion Calls aren't transmitting from some fixed station instances.  KJ4ERJ-TC works from my KJ4ERJ-AL, but KJ4ERJ doesn't work from my KJ4ERJ-AP.  Hopefully I'll get it figured out.  Companion Calls should beacon fine from GPS-enabled instances.

                          Corrected non-GPS Companion Call transmissions.  Companion Calls are only checked when the configuration is changed or every 30 seconds.  They are not intended to be "real-time", but to follow along with your station.

                          Corrected Transmit menu option when used from a non-GPS station and the center was not moved.  It wasn't setting the internal "where am I" pseudo-GPS coordinates.

                          For non-GPS instances, update internal "Where Am I" pseudo-GPS timestamp every second for proper use by other program features (like Companion Calls).

                          Enable sending Companion Calls as Objects owned by ME.  (Untested, but included)

                          Correct AX.25-safe check for Companion Calls.  Had it backwards, Objects were checked, Stations weren't!  Wondered why I didn't get warned about KJ4ERJ-TC until I changed it to an Object!

                          =========== 2012/09/06 13:35

                          Correct Genius calculations for Companions.  Hopefully they'll beacon on more than Time when mobile with a GPS.  (KJ4ERJ-12/LWDCAR)

                          Correct checks for recently heard local before allowing an -IS to RF IGate for a station.  (Adam KC2ANT)

                          Add additional information on stations being Considered for -IS to RF IGating to the IGate(Filter) trace log.

                          =========== 2012/09/06 18:56

                          Correct GetDiskFreeSpace() diagnostic call to properly include path.  (Scott N3SW)

                          Suppress "PaintMainWindow:Shadow BitBlt" failure complaints to every 5 minutes unless the error changes.  These seem to happen when some chainges power down the display adapter.  (Sctot N3SW)

                          Reduce criticality level of some Altitude trace logs.  These alert for stations that a) don't always report altitude or b) move vertically w/o lat/lon change.

                          Add additional WM_CLOSE tracing to determine why WinMo version closes unexpectedly.

                          Support MiniDump creation on a detected crash.  This may create APRSIS32.DMP files in your execution directory that will assist me in determining the cause of crashes.

                          Add distance and bearing to local message interpretation of received Item-As-Message objects.  (Steve G6UIM)

                          =========== 2012/09/22 19:47

                          Don't queue an internal message for recalled Item-As-Message posits or QRU response eavesdropped messages.

                          Add distance and bearing to all intercepted Item-As-Messages, even if received as part of eavesdropping.

                          QRU queries now support an optional #N to limit (but not increase) the count of returned objects.  This can come before or after the optional range specifier, but the group always comes first (with or without ?).  (Steve G6UIM & DL1HXB-7)

                          =========== 2012/09/22 22:30

                          Always show "Chat w/Owner XXXXXX" in object popup menus.  This will be disabled if the object's owner doesn't appear to support messaging.  (Kevin W7BOZ)

                          ===========  2012/09/23 07:28

                          Correct busted diagnostic printf in -IS to RF logic when it avoids gating a "ME" packet from -IS to RF.  Thank you MiniDump!  (Kim VK2ASY)

                          =========== 2012/09/24 09:45

                          Don't send Compressed coordinates in an Item-In-Message if they contain non-message-compatible (|{~) characters.  Note that you also cannot send a "Fog" (alternate table { symbol) object as an Item-In-Message.  (Steve G6UIM's GB3JL/2 and GB3NC/2 objects)

                          =========== 2012/09/24 17:15

                          (Hopefully) Corrected behavior of Transmit menu option to actually transmit even if you don't Move ME to Center.  (Type A Personalities: I want to transmit and I want to transmit NOW!)

                          Don't ask about moving ME (and disable the coordinate menu's Move ME HERE) if the zoom is too far out (<14, the same criteria as the initial set).  This will hopefully satisfy the request for disabling the question for the use-cases described.  If you're panning and transmitting at tight zoom, IMHO you deserve the question.  It also makes it consistent with the startup position setting requirement.  (Multiples...)

                          =========== 2012/09/25 09:05

                          Correct <IGATE capabilities packet busted when PKT_CNT= was added for -IS to RF IGating support.

                          Support port type of "Dummy" (connection type doesn't matter) to be a Transmit-Only Dummy Load for testing -IS to RF IGating in an RF-less environment.

                          Include version string in *.dmz/*.dmp files.

                          Include current (or last) packet being parsed in *.dmp file.  This is to aid debugging parser crashes in the future.

                          Restore handling of RBUTTONUP for context menu in map.  Hoping this restores function on Windows Tablets.

                          Bring all three platforms back to single Dev: version.

                          =========== 2012/09/27 07:39

                          Add a new Packets(NULL) to show packets whose payload is truncated due to containing NULL characters.

                          Count (but don't display anywhere yet) duplicate packets received from a station.  This is needed to calculate an accurate unique-packet rate.

                          Track (but don't display anywhere yet) the actual start time for hourly packet count buckets.  This is needed to calculate an accurate per minute rate.

                          Count "Oth" packets for any packet that doesn't fit a defined type.  These are the packets that a type (t/) filter can't pick up from a filtered feed.  These packet counts are display on the port status windows (right click in APRS-IS OK pane).

                          Restore StationMemory diagnostic window if it exists when selected from APRS-IS OK right click menu.

                          Restore including trailing spaces in CRC calculations used by duplicate packet detector.  This may cause additional "Invalid" or "Too Fast" track points to be introduced by space-adding IGates.

                          Add a "Busy Stations" option to the APRS-IS OK right click menu.  This will bring up two windows that refresh every 10 minutes and show the highest (non-duplicate) packet rates (per minute) for Fixed (no tracks) and Mobile (has tracks) stations.  If you see any abnormally high rate stations in your area, check aprs.fi's raw logs (or do a Control-G b/<Call-SSID> test filer) and see what's up.  If it looks like they're not adhering to local APRS usage standards, give them a call.  And if it's you're own station, you can toggle on Configure / Beacon / Why to see what's triggering the rate.  Note: The first number is the current clock hour minutely rate.  The () number is the previous clock hour rate.

                          Make that THREE windows.  I just added a Busy on RF window.  For now, it gets created all the time.  Eventually, I might detect if there's actually an RF port configured.

                          =========== 2012/09/27 23:31

                          Ok, so I didn't think through the RF window.  It was still showing the total (IS+RF-Dupes) packet rates.  It now shows raw RF, but unfortunately this also includes digipeater dupes, so don't go challenging anyone on this one just yet!

                          =========== 2012/09/27 23:40

                          The zoom check on the coordinates cascade was backwards causing Move ME HERE to only appear when zoomed OUT, not zoomed IN.  Fixed.  (Arthur N4TRQ)

                          .DMP file names now include APRSIS32 version timestamp, CALLSIGN, and current time (in UTC).

                          If APRSIS32 generates a .DMP/DMZ file, it will automatically restart.  Eventually it'll even auto-detect the .DMPs and offer to send them to me.

                          =========== 2012/09/30 06:39

                          Beef up Non-AX.25 error trace log to include the value of the byte that is expected to be zero.  (Steve G6UIM + one other?)

                          Fix new Packets(NULL) trace log to not complain about every KISS and/or AGW received packet.

                          Further beef up AX.25 error trace logs to determine why the java AX.25 soundcard interface isn't working.  (Steve G6UIM)

                          Make a dark gray DFS circle for non-reception (zero S units) objects.  This is completely UNTESTED.  (James VE6SRV)

                          =========== 2012/10/06 07:31

                          Separate Symbol(Emergency) Mic-E status from EMERGENCY for individual controllability. - Not sure if this is actually working right yet though.

                          Correct {UISSnn} truncation crash.

                          Support Busy Stations and Busy RF Stations windows sorted by traffic rate (right click on APRS-IS OK pane).

                          Capability packets now go out over APRS-IS if enabled, regardless of Beaconing on the APRS-IS port.

                          If a dump file is created due to internally detected programming exception, APRSIS32 is automatically restarted.  This allows for better unattended IGate operations.

                          Correct "Move xxxx HERE" menu option to appear at the proper zoom levels.

                          =========== 2013/02/13 16:50

                          Update latest application identifiers from http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt

                          Correct View / EchoLinks to zero-fill node numbers less than 6 digits.  (EL-022440)

                          Support parsing the obsolete GridSquare ([) packet format.  (Hans PA3GJM)

                          Add the course direction to the DF angle for drawing purposes.  Station Information will still show the orginal DF angle.  (Lodewijk PA3BNX)

                          =========== 2013/05/24 20:57

                          Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of the transparent maps from White to Black.  Discovered on APRSISDR.  (Adam KC2ANT)

                          Define APWAxx as APRSISDR and group under View / Platforms / APRSISCE/32, define as supporting Item-As-Message (even though it doesn't yet!)

                          The NMEA port now supports a direct TCP/IP connection to GPSd.  Simply configure the NMEA port to use TCP/IP and point it to your GPSd instance.  If you've never heard of GPSd, don't worry about it.  If you've got a GPSd already running, then I don't need to tell you more, right?  (Steve G6UIM)

                          Parse date/time from $GPZDA and put the first received xx, yy offsets into the NMEA trace log even if disabled.  (Steve G6UIM)

                          ANSRVR now prefixes all (I think) communications with N:group to allow client-side segregation

                          =========== 2013/07/19 06:26

                          Define Yaesu's new FTM-400DR and FT-1D platforms.  These are included in the non-AX.25 APRS messaging warning pending further testing.  Anyone know someone that owns one?

                          Define APOLUx as OSCAR/AMSAT-LU platform.

                          Change APWAxx from APRSISCE4droid to APRSISDR.  (Note: this will be changing again sometime)  (Lynn KJ4ERJ)

                          Replace obsolete "Me not 3rd" with "NoGate ME" in RF port configuration.  This will prevent gating your own received packets back to the APRS-IS to allow monitoring of actual RF received paths at remote IGates.  This is only recommended for Satellite APRS operations.  (Mark MM1MPB)

                          Disabled the yet-to-be-implemented RF Baud dropdown in port configuration.

                          Increase max configurable server zoom from 18 to 20.  (Fred N7FMH)

                          Improve red/green colorization for DOP bars behind altitude pane.  Also, colorize GPS Fix pane if PDOP is known.  (Steve G6UIM)

                          =========== 2013/09/25 04:26

                          Improve initialization of Chat's Rf/IS-Only/Best checkbox based on message, xmit, Internet, and port enabled status.

                          Completely disable Chat Send button if no ports are message-transmit capable.

                          Colorize chat message lines still awaiting acks.

                          =========== 2013/10/29 06:31

                          Control-C (Copy) in message boxes (like station info pop-ups) now include the window title.  (Greg Anderson)

                          =========== 2013/10/29 07:11

                          Corrected Screen / Paths / Appearance Medium and Long time Expert value settings.  (KJ4ERJ-2)

                          =========== 2013/10/29 15:15

                          Added zoom number in center of slider (breaks if/when I do fractional zooms).  (Greg KB3KBR, Fred N7FMH)

                          The zoom number turns green (it might be hard to read) when you're zoomed in close enough to "Move ME".  (Greg KB3KBR)

                          =========== 2014/11/14 10:55

                          Don't require a leading <C0> on KISS packets (Erik N0OWT)

                          Support new platforms from http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt, specifically:
                          { "APCWP8", "WinphoneAPRS" },
                          { "APMIxx", "PLX Digi/Tracker" },
                          { "APSMSx", "SMS Gateway" },
                          { "APSMSx", "SMS gateway" },
                          { "APSTMx", "W7QO's Balloons" },
                          { "APZWKR", "GM1WKR NetSked", PLATFORM_EXPERIMENTAL },

                          Fix memory leak when parsing a JT65 log file (only noticed this because my JT65 log was huge)

                          When driving a GPX file, only print diagnostics if the queued tile count changes instead of every update interval.

                          Correct formatting of weather station's battery voltage.

                          =========== 2015/06/05 09:35

                          Ignore single character !shriek!s (!x! being put out by N5ETC-2)

                          Properly parse local time (/) format specifier (Jerry KF5AOK)

                          Identify 2 new Yaesu Mic-E types

                          Identify latest ToCall additions

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 12, 2016
                            Thank you very much for sending that my way, it is very helpful!