Latest version

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2011
      I notice the latest version for the programe (Windows32) seems to be  21-05-2011 but I can not find that on the yahoo group files areas anywhere. Any reason for this? The download/upgrade seems to work ok from the programe itself  but only once it fails what appears to be the primary download location it goes elsewhere to get it.

      Tony Hunt  VK5AH wavetel@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011
        Yes, that is the latest version and it is only available via the About updater.  There's no significant changes in it vs the version in the Files section, but I messed up the update server and had to push my latest internal version out before I had intended to.

        The About updater first attempts to use the Coral CDN (Content Distribution Network see http://www.coralcdn.org/) to provide for lightening the load on the primary server when new versions are released.  However, with CoralCDN, I get what I pay for sometimes (it's free), which is why the program is designed to fall back to fetching the update direct from my server.  It really doesn't "go elsewhere", but instead goes directly to the source on the retry.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011

          21-05-2011 is a development version, only the stable releases are in the files area.

          Download a  stable release and then find <Update.Development>0</Update.Development> in the XML file and change the 0 to a 1

          Be sure to edit the XML file with APRSIS not running and also backup the file first just in case

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19, 2011

            And for those wondering why Coral CDN fails, it sometimes displays a message prior to allowing access to the file, I suppose that could be fixed by lengthening the time that APRSIS waits for Coral to respond. But as you get directed to the server that Coral is caching when this happens, I personally don’t see that it’s a big deal.

            The message by the way is just an encouragement to use the paid for service

            Oh and the stable versions are also hosted on the Wiki

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2014
              What is the latest version I have built: 2012/08/30 09:19.

              Also is show my passcode to be 16825, Is that the one for my call sign? Just checking.

              Thank You

              KF5MLP