does the application have an instalation icon now?

  • Kevin Jensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2009
      Lynn,

      Does the application have an installation icon now? I have a blank
      little icon for the app, and was wondering if you picked something and
      put it in the file during CAB install?

      Also do you have an installation application for those who want to
      sync WM6 with a desktop system?

      Kevin
      N1KCG-12
    • n1kcg
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2009
        bump ping. Lynn did you answer this?

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2009
          nudge pong, Nope. Sorry about that.

          I have not yet spiffied up the installation procedure for the program.
          Personally, as long as it is a single .EXE, I have no problem with
          simply copying it somewhere on the phone and creating a shortcut to the
          menu by hand. As for syncing WM6, that's what I use to copy it. I hook
          it up for sync, browse the phone, and drop it on the SD card.

          Actually, I'll probably be building an auto-update notification and copy
          function into the program before setting up a full installer.

          Or is there something missing here that an installer will do for me?
          And/or what true purpose would an "installation icon" serve? Is it
          blank on the phone or on the desktop? Any volunteers to make a nice
          looking, Windows Mobile-compatible Icon for APRSISCE for Windows
          Mobile? (I'm a very good programmer, but a lousy artist!).

          Lynn (D) - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile