Re: [aprsisce] Re: Feature request - View SOTAs

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 1:59 PM
      Nope.  The file needs to be generally available, not hidden behind a logon-required UR.

      Files

        Files Help

      To enjoy this Web-only feature of Summits, you need to enable Web Access.

      With Web Access, you'll enjoy your group's online photos, polls, links, message archive search, and more!

      Get Web Access to Summits

      If you already receive email from Summits, it's easy to get Web Access and make your Yahoo! Group experience complete.

      To activate Web Access for Summits, click "Get Started Now".

      Not a Member of Summits?

      If you are not currently a member of Summits, join this group now.

      On 7/1/2011 4:51 PM, Mads wrote:
      Thanks for your reply Lynn!

      The file can be downloaded from

      73! Mads, la1tpa

      Is this information file available for on-demand query similar to how
      View / EchoLinks works?  Even better, is there a URL or SOAP query I can
      do and provide a coordindate and range to get the SOTA targets in that
      circle?  I looked at the SOTA database stuff and it doesn't look
      imminently queriable and there seems to be LOTS of SOTAs world-wide.
      Not to mention the valid date ranges that showed up in the .CSV download.

      PS.  Words that programmers love to hate "exactly the
      same"..."except"...  As in, "driving a car is exactly the same as
      driving a Mac Truck except the truck is a little bit heavier".  Or
      "Flying a 747 is exactly the same as flying a Cessna except you can't
      see the ground after you land".

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
          aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Mads
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 2:33 PM
        Lynn,

        I'm not sure I managed to describe the feature I was looking for properly, probably due to language difficulties. I missed an option that would let me view sota .kmz files located on my own hard drive, exactly like the View - Geocaches option ;D

        But, forget all about it. I'll find another way.

        73! Mads, la1tpa

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1 2:46 PM
          On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Mads <la1tpa.qrp@...> wrote:

          > I'm not sure I managed to describe the feature I was looking for
          > properly, probably due to language difficulties. I missed an option
          > that would let me view sota .kmz files located on my own hard drive,
          > exactly like the View - Geocaches option ;D
          >
          > But, forget all about it. I'll find another way.

          Convert the KML file into a UI-View style Overlay POS file and you
          should have it.

          Here's a copy of a previously posted sample of overlay entries.

          * ironman route
          Aid-4!3031.48N/09543.77WATX Ironman Aid Station 4
          Aid-5!3032.56N/09550.19WATX Ironman Aid Station 5
          Aid-6!3030.00N/09553.45WATX Ironman Aid Station 6
          Aid-7!3027.00N/09548.20WATX Ironman Aid Station 7