RE: [aprsisce] pda

  • David Shrum
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
      I would say about the main requirement is it needs to operate with the
      Windows mobile operating system. I use a HTC Touch Pro. As soon as the
      "Quick GPS" program can download good data which seems to be a problem in
      the US since the DST change has screwed up the use of the built in GPS; but
      that is a discussion for a different forum.

      Dave N8PU

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        I've implemented this on an AT&T Tilt cell phone running Windows Mobile
        6.1 (upgraded from 6.0). This is the same device as an HTC TYTN II,
        I've been told.

        There is a Database in the Yahoo group where you can put in your
        callsign and the device on which you run the client as well. I think
        it's open for editing, but I'm not positive.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile

        ashburtonrobin wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > Can anyone give me a recomendation for the devices that you are using.
        > There seems to be that many pda's for sale that i would like to get the right one.
        > Cheers,
        > Robin ZL3REW

      • David Shrum
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
          I tried your link, "You are not a moderator of the group aprsisce."

          Dave N8PU

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
            I just edited the database settings so that group members can do
            anything. See if it works now when you have a chance.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

            PS. It was previously set that Group Members could only add records...