pda

  • ashburtonrobin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
      Hi All,
      Can anyone give me a recomendation for the devices that you are using.
      There seems to be that many pda's for sale that i would like to get the right one.
      Cheers,
      Robin ZL3REW
    • David Shrum
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        I would say about the main requirement is it needs to operate with the
        Windows mobile operating system. I use a HTC Touch Pro. As soon as the
        "Quick GPS" program can download good data which seems to be a problem in
        the US since the DST change has screwed up the use of the built in GPS; but
        that is a discussion for a different forum.

        Dave N8PU

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
          I've implemented this on an AT&T Tilt cell phone running Windows Mobile
          6.1 (upgraded from 6.0). This is the same device as an HTC TYTN II,
          I've been told.

          There is a Database in the Yahoo group where you can put in your
          callsign and the device on which you run the client as well. I think
          it's open for editing, but I'm not positive.

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile

          ashburtonrobin wrote:
          > Hi All,
          > Can anyone give me a recomendation for the devices that you are using.
          > There seems to be that many pda's for sale that i would like to get the right one.
          > Cheers,
          > Robin ZL3REW

        • David Shrum
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
            I tried your link, "You are not a moderator of the group aprsisce."

            Dave N8PU

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
              I just edited the database settings so that group members can do
              anything. See if it works now when you have a chance.

              Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

              PS. It was previously set that Group Members could only add records...