2010/04/03 - Released!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2010
      Here's the short version:

      MAJOR BUGFIX: If you're running as an IGate, the program was gating
      messages received over RF back out via the SAME RF! This is fixed to
      only transmit messages heard from -IS, not RF. - This was previously
      released, but was worth mentioning again.

      Group messages are supported, but only if messages for the "group" are
      received, primarily via RF. Supported groups are per spec: ALL QST CQ.
      I also implicitly support a group called APRSIS-CE. You can also
      configure specific <MessageGroup> callsigns in the XML file for which
      messages will also be displayed bu not acked. See the long version
      below for details. Note that for this to work, you need to have the
      calls in your filter as a buddy or friend until I make the program do
      this automatically.

      Record and recall last known altitude (<Altitude>) in XML configuration
      file. This will allow a momentary GPS position to be remembered and
      used when GPS is disabled. You can also manually edit this to set a
      fixed position altitude. If you drag the map and hit Transmit, the
      altitude probably goes back to zero.

      Telemetry definitions are generated periodically and used to display
      received telemetry from stations. APRSISCE/32 generates and interprets
      its own telemetry EVEN IF TELEMETRY IS DISABLED on the Enables menu.
      This disable only prevents transmission of the telemetry. This is in
      preparation for local display of received telemetry over time which I
      want to be available for Me even if not transmitting. This causes your
      station to appear in the scrolling station log when you might not
      otherwise expect it.

      Beacon components are now configurable via Configure / Beacon. "Why"
      adds the reason for the beacon to the status.

      Internal diagnostic messages have been categorized and divided into
      TraceLogs. They are now individually enablable (Enables / Logging) and
      separately viewable (Enables / View Logs). There will be a Wiki Page
      describing their entire operation.

      Beacon transmit pressure has been modified to only consider Start/Stop
      and Heading if the current GPS coordinate is different than the last
      beaconed coordinate down to the transmitting resolution. This should
      reduce the "Duplicate Position" errors showing in aprs.fi's raw
      display. The Last: coordinate is displayed in the Me popup on APRSIS32.

      Only transmit outgoing messages via RF interfaces if the target station
      is known and was heard via RF to start with. - Oops, this won't work for
      RF-only stations. I'll get that (re)-fixed in the next version. If -IS
      is not connected, it will send all messages via RF....

      And the links:

      Notes:

      And the LONG version!

      Here's what's new in the APRSISCE6P100403.zip and APRSIS32100403.zip

      MAJOR BUGFIX: If you're running as an IGate, the program was gating
      messages received over RF back out via the SAME RF! This is fixed to
      only transmit messages heard from -IS, not RF.

      Corrected timestamp in Telemetry popup to be local time instead of GMT

      "Group" messages per spec (ALL QST CQ APRSIS-CE - aprs101.pdf Page 72)
      (Julian G4ILO)

      (I'm planning to have the client always capture and display messages
      addressed to "APRSIS-CE". and/or "APRSIS-32" (both will do both) just
      like all Kenwoods display messages addressed to "KW" - see page 73 (83
      in reader) of aprs101.pdf. I'll also be adding ALL, QST, and CQ per the
      spec).

      Sending messages to any defined "Group" automatically disables Ack and
      won't go into Pending Messages nor retry (If it's truly a group, noone
      will ack anyway!)

      Allow the configuration of other "promiscuous" callsigns for which
      messages would also be received to support upgraded callsigns (Colin
      M6XSD 2E0XSD)
      Support user-configurable <MessageGroup>xxxx</MessageGroup>. Messages
      addressed to these callsigns will be received and displayed but not
      notified nor acked. You can use this for promisuously receiving
      messages from other callsigns, hopefully your own upgraded calls!
      Callsigns are complete and must include -SSIDs to match.

      Note that for many of these new messaging features to work, you need to
      add t/m (DON'T do this yet!!!) to your filter or have the appropriate
      calls as buddies (THIS works). I'm still working on that one... t/m
      will give you a stack of calls at 0,0.

      Clear residual course/speed display in station popup if most recent
      packet didn't contain one. Calculated speed will still display between
      position updates.

      Record and recall last known altitude (<Altitude>) in XML configuration
      file. This will allow a momentary GPS position to be remembered and
      used when GPS is disabled. You can also manually edit this to set a
      fixed position altitude. If you drag the map and hit Transmit, the
      altitude probably goes back to zero.

      Internally define telemetry even if disabled. Disabling telemetry only
      disables transmission, not internal tracking and definition. (You'll
      soon have a local battery graph!)

      Add Configure / Beacon submenu to turn on and off components of the
      beacon. "Why" adds the Transmit Pressure that triggered the beacon.

      Simplified internal handling of many of the Enables. Let me know if I
      broke anything with the check-marks.

      Reorganize packet information extractor in preparation for better
      message handling - Again, let me know if anything broke!

      Toggling Configure / Beacon / HHMMSS on automatically turns on Configure
      / Beacon / Timestamp. Turning off Configure / Beacon / Timestamp
      disables HHMMSS.

      Don't IGate duplicate packets from IS to RF, probably heard it direct or
      via a digi?

      Display Telemetry Interval and version on ME's Telemetry Popup (Dave N8PU)

      Optimize display of Altitude and add diagnostics. I saw one instance
      where altitude was not displayed for a portion of a track even though
      the packets included it. Found that issue and fixed it on 4/2/2010! (I
      think)

      Internal diagnostic messages have been categorized and divided into
      TraceLogs. They are now individually enablable (Enables / Logging) and
      separately viewable (Enables / View Logs). There will be a Wiki Page
      describing their entire operation.

      Beacon transmit pressure has been modified to only consider Start/Stop
      and Heading if the current GPS coordinate is different than the last
      beaconed coordinate down to the transmitting resolution. This should
      reduce the "Duplicate Position" errors showing in aprs.fi's raw
      display. The Last: coordinate is displayed in the Me popup on APRSIS32.

      Altitude is now preserved (not slammed to 0) when a packet is received
      without altitude. This was causing the displayed track altitudes to
      disappear depending on the last packet received.

      Only transmit outgoing messages via RF interfaces if the target station
      is known and was heard via RF to start with.

      If sending a message to a group message target, don't request and ack,
      there probably won't be one coming back.

      The Telemetry popup now includes the Telemetry Interval when looking at Me.