Re: [aprsisce] Jumping ahead a bit here but it would be nice if we can run APRSIS32 on the ...

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
      Message: 4
      Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 00:41:33 -0500
      From: Gregg Wonderly <gregg@...>
      Subject: [aprssig] APRSPad in the app store

      I've been spending some time putting together an iPad app for APRS, and I've
      submitted it to the app store today. This application still has some growing to
      do, to cover all the features that I want to support. You can find some
      additional information about it on the web at http://www.wonderly.org/aprspad.

      The application will not be free. I chose to charge a nominal cost to try and
      encourage people to participate with an interest rather than just conversation.

      Here's what's there right now.

      1. map display (of course)
      2. icon aging using alpha levels
      3. messaging review
      4. bulletin/announcement board display
      5. APRS-IS connectivity with filters you can setup as well as just establish
      based on where you've zoomed on the map.
      6. Simple weather text review with linking to aprs.fi for historical data review
      7. Station data review via findu.com

      There are some other bits and pieces that will be visible and I'll work on
      describing them on the web site.

      Gregg Wonderly
      W5GGW