Re: [aprsisce] Re: Filled station list with my call sign

  • Gary Sanders
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2010
      Broncus wrote:

      > > > The station list is filled with my call sign. It has never done
      > that before.
      > > > I would be happy if this was because I kept hearing myself but I
      > know that
      > > > wasn't the case. If it was, I would see a lovely track for N7FMH-9
      > (same
      > > > radio and TNC) as well.
      > >
      > > That's supposedly from the telemetry collection routine, even if it
      > > doesn't go out over the air/APRS-IS.
      > >

      > > James
      > > VE6SRV
      > >

      > Hmm, it seems that list should only be stations heard. But I could be wrong.
      >
      > Fred
      > N7FMH

      I have a second computer running ui-view32 (it actually acts as the
      server for the aprsisce32 box, because I already have the radio
      connected to it, and I'm too lazy to move it). I also see my call
      repeated several time on the aprsisce32 box at startup.

      I happened to be looking at the ui-view screen the other day and saw a
      text box displaying telemetry setup and scaling info sent from the
      aprsisce32 box. So, I'm relatively sure the stuff we're seeing at
      startup is telemetry info being sent.

      It is strange, because I've never setup anything on aprsisce32
      pertaining to telemetry. (And, I don't even have the transmitter enabled
      on the ui-view32 box:) ). So it appears to default to enabled.

      Gary Sanders
      WB0BZR