963Re: [aprsisce] New release problem and old questions

    Apr 1, 2010
      Chris,

      I did get your original message about scrolling w/o a touch-screen.
      I've got a ToDo item:

      "Numeric keypad shortcuts to some functions (2 for up, 8 down, 4 left, 6
      right) (Sean Brad Inggs ZR5BBL)"

      The same applies to the "Find station" request:

      "Find station dialog (enter callsign to center)"

      These are both in the "User/Alternate Input:" section of the ToDos.
      I've also been striving to make sure I add menu options for any new
      mouse/click functions added to the client.

      As for the latest version not starting on WM5.0, I'm not sure what
      happened. I'll try doing a difference listing between 2010/03/16 and
      the release after that to see what I might have done that is
      WM6-specific. Thank you for providing the last working version, it will
      help focus my search.

      PS. Yes, there is a new release coming sometime. I've got scrolling
      diagnostic windows working on Win32 and am trying to manage the memory
      consumption for Windows Mobile and still have some of the same
      capability. Probably sometime next week it will be out, but if you
      switch to development updates, you can have a sneak preview.

      Krzysiek wrote:
      > Lynn,
      >
      > last two releases do not work on my Samsung SGH-i600 with WM5.0 while all
      > earlier and APRSIS32 do.
      > "Do not work" means not even start, so I have to use the release 2010/03/16.
      >
      > This is the main issue for me now.
      > I would also remind my below questions as they were skipped or just missed
      > by you.
      > Thank you in advance for answers.

      Lynn,

      > is there or will be ever the possibility to scroll map without
      > touchscreen? I have Samsung SGH-i600 smartphone with WM 5.0 and your
      > app works fine form me except map scrolling which doesn't work at all
      > as I have no touchscreen. It has more limitations like to small
      > screen so some fields in configuration panes are not visible, but
      > this is not the big issue.
      >
      > Maybe there could be a way to enable this feature with some keys like
      > 2-up, 8-down, 4-left, 6-right or so?
      > If no, I fill forced to buy new smartphone ;-) .
      >
      > Second thing, which was maybe listed somwhere eariler is searching for
      > particular call sign.
      > For me it could be editable field allowing me to enter call sign with
      > search button.
      >
      > Even if both issues you answer negative I really appreciate your
      > effort and enthusiasm and thank you.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic