9555Re: [aprsisce] Re: alternate map sources

    Apr 30, 2011
      On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Ron Callahan N9SZV <n9szv@...> wrote:

      > I meant no disrespect by calling you Jim...so I apologize, James

      No worries... just don't expect me to jump and pay attention if you
      yell that name across a crowded hamfest room.

      I see a lot of use of "Jim" in email reflectors. BTW, I would have
      responded before Fred jumped in there, but I was off on a tangent
      looking at all the different tile sets available on Cloudmade.

      I also found some limited sets for orienteering that only have zoom
      levels 12 through 18 available.

      Been off on more tangents since then too... been poking at a Q2220E
      duplexer, dealing with a flaky tuning capacitor on the low pass side
      that's causing me lots of grief. It changes value if I apply a little
      pressure on it, making it extremely difficult to get a nice clean
      reject dip. I feel like dripping a little wax down there to hold the
      darned thing in place!