8911Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRSISCE/32 server feeding RadioMobile

    Apr 11, 2011
      The local server port in APRSISCE/32 is provided to decrease the impact
      to the APRS-IS infrastructure for those of use that run multiple
      concurrent instances. We can connect one instance (preferrably the one
      with the widest viewing filters) to an external APRS-IS server and set
      up other local instances to point to that instance's local server port.
      The downstream instances can only further filter the original feed right
      now, but eventually the server port will be merging filters to the
      upstream server for increased flexibility.

      For anyone running a single instance at a time, you can safely (and
      rightly) ignore the local server port configuration.

      On 4/11/2011 1:55 PM, apenadragon wrote:
      > *eyes glaze over*
      >
      > I see where this is a useful tool, but I'm thinking it's beyond my current level of understanding...
      >
      > SO, here comes the stupid question, what benifit does connecting this with APRS data give?
      >
      > Adam
      > KC2ANT (unedumacated idiot in training)
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic