6192Re: [aprsisce] Remote serial ports

    Jan 30, 2011
      If you're brave and running the latest development version, give it a
      try. Add <Open/CloseCmd>s to your port that is TCP/IP connected and let
      me know if it works. I haven't had a chance to test it since I updated
      the ports to (hopefully) handle that. I was going to test and announce
      it after doing the terminal mode on the port, but I'm hung up on
      auto-zooming NWS shape popup windows and making it easier to find out
      what areas a given point might be involved in.

      Eric Coulombe wrote:

      > Hi Reuben, This was my first setup, but because I need to go in and
      > out of the KISS mode of my KPC3,
      > I installed the comm port redirector for my UDS1100 (Serial/Ethernet
      > interface) on both computers. This way
      > i can access the TNC from both computers. When none are running, the
      > TNC continue to broadcast my
      > position. It would be nice to have TCP port parsing the Open/Close
      > commands as the serial port do...
      >
      > Not a high priority feature... but can be useful now that less (no
      > more) laptops get real serial ports...
      >
      > Eric - VA2EC
      >

      > On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Reuben Wells <row@...
      > <mailto:row@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Hi Lynn,
      >
      > I'm using the TT4 KISS firmware, which doesn't require any
      > commands to activate the TNC, so the section in the config file
      > just has empty open / close commands i.e.
      >
      > <!--RFPort[0]-->
      > <RFPort Name="TT4">
      > <Protocol>KISS</Protocol>
      > <Device>@192.168.1.45:2004 <http://192.168.1.45:2004></Device>
      > <RfBaud>1200</RfBaud>
      > <OpenCmd></OpenCmd>
      > <CloseCmd></CloseCmd>
      >

      > Reuben
      >
      > On 29/01/2011 12:55, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      >>

      >> So you have APRSISCE/32 configured to use an IP node and port to
      >> talk
      >> KISS to the TT4? Do you use any <Open/CloseCmd>s or only the no-ops?

      > ___

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic