6191Re: [aprsisce] Remote serial ports

  • Eric Coulombe
    Jan 30, 2011
      Hi Reuben, This was my first setup, but because I need to go in and out of the KISS mode of my KPC3,
      I installed the comm port redirector for my UDS1100 (Serial/Ethernet interface) on both computers. This way
      i can access the TNC from both computers. When none are running, the TNC continue to broadcast my
      position. It would be nice to have TCP port parsing the Open/Close commands as the serial port do...

      Not a high priority feature... but can be useful now that less (no more) laptops get real serial ports...

      Eric - VA2EC

      On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Reuben Wells <row@...> wrote:

      Hi Lynn,

      I'm using the TT4 KISS firmware, which doesn't require any commands to activate the TNC, so the section in the config file just has empty open / close commands i.e.

      <RFPort Name="TT4">

      On 29/01/2011 12:55, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      So you have APRSISCE/32 configured to use an IP node and port to talk
      KISS to the TT4? Do you use any <Open/CloseCmd>s or only the no-ops?