566Re: [aprsisce] Yes, ANOTHER new release!

  • Gary Sanders
    Mar 2, 2010
      Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
      > But wait, there's more! I forget who requested it, but you can now set
      > up an APRSIS32 at home tracking your mobile and it will continue
      > tracking your mobile after a restart. It will display
      > "Awaiting(xxxxx-n)" at the bottom of the circle until the first position
      > update is heard. Then it will center on that position and change to
      > "Tracking(xxxxx-n)". If you've got Screen / Tracking / Locked checked,
      > even if the screen is dragged away, it will jump back to center on the
      > next position update.

      Thank you so much for this addition. I mentioned in a post a couple of
      days ago that this feature would really help me, and here it is! I've
      tried it today, and it appears to be working as expected.

      You also asked in another post what features from uiview people would
      like to see. One that I use constantly is an add-in for uiview called
      "Station Movement Alarm". If a station moves more than "X" (programmable
      in yards) from it's previous position, a user-selectable sound file is
      played. I have it play a chime.

      I have the distance set to 30 yards. So when the car is parked, no alert
      chime sounds. If the next position is more than 30 yards from the last
      one, the chime sounds. Simple, and unbelievably convenient.

      It would be nice if something like this could be optionally added to the
      "Locked Tracking" feature.

      Gary Sanders
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic