498Re: [aprsisce] xml file and Vista

    Mar 1, 2010
      andy_g0mni wrote:
      > Hi I am running the win32 version of aprsisce and after editing the xml file, aprsisce either refuses to run or writes a new xml file so I cannot change either my location or symbol.My OS is Vista Home edition

      You must use a plain text editor to edit the XML file. After editing,
      open the file in Internet Explorer and see if it reports any errors.
      Also, in the current version, you cannot use a symbol of & (black
      diamond G or with overlay) as my config saver fails to XML-encode it.
      The next version will allow that symbol to be used.

      If this doesn't help, please send me a copy of your original XML file
      and the one you've edited (copied before the client overwrites it, of
      course). to KJ4ERJ@....