495Re: [aprsisce] Re: Need help

    Feb 28, 2010
      jandgandjochem wrote:
      > Hooray, it worked. I should have noticed those two locations to be changed before but didn't.

      Fantastic! I hope the rest of the program's operation are much smoother
      than that one was!

      > Perhaps putting some text in the XML file such as: Here is where you change your coordinates.

      I'm planning better. A right-click pop-up menu option that says "Move
      Me To HERE"!

      > Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Great to see it working now.
      >
      > Hope to contribute with suggestions in the future if I may,

      Absolutely. I value all input from users. If you read through the ToDo
      list, you'll even see that I credit the suggestor when I remember who it
      was!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      > Kind regards,
      > Gerard
      > VK2JNG
      >

      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      >
      >> You need to edit the <Latitude> and <Longitude> tags that should be
      >> between the <Orientation> and <APRSPort> tags. The other two that you
      >> mentioned are only for restoring various map view later. This would
      >> explain the problem getting your laptop out of Africa.
      >>
      >> If that doesn't work, please e-mail me your .XML file and I'll see what
      >> else might be going worng.
      >>
      >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      >>
      >> jandgandjochem wrote:
      >>
      >>> Thanks again for your help.
      >>>
      >>> I still cannot get my laptop to show on the map correctly.
      >>>
      >>> Tried correcting the lattitude and longitude in the XML file as you advised but the laptop symbol keeps staying in west Africa whereas I am in Australia.
      >>>
      >>> Everything else appears to be working fine. All other stations including my 2 TM-d710s are showing correctly on the map.
      >>>

      >>> Guess my next question is: In the XML file should I edit the coordinates under "Center lattitude and Center Logitude" or under Prefered lattitude and Prefered logitude or both?
      >>>

      >>> As said, all else seems to work. I am on the T2Texas status page, can send messages from laptop to 710 and back.
      >>>

      >>> I think we are almost there but not quite yet.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks so much. This program is great to use and I am starting to like it a lot.
      >>>
      >>> Gerard
      >>> VK2JNG
      >>>
      >>> Laptop = VK2JNG-10
      >>> 710 (RV) = VK2JNG-12