4948Re: UNPROTO problem

  • tuckmeat
    Jan 2, 2011
      OK, didn't know about the MIC-E format. That helps.

      I've done that procedure a few times myself to see if it would solve the problem and just did it again to verify what happens. It doesn't solve the problem for me. I made sure that the TNC was off and let APRSIS32 turn it on. When the radio beacons, it sends UNPROTO. I also forgot to mention earlier that that APRSIS32 is setting MYCALL to NOCALL on the radio's TNC. When that happens, the digipeating no longer works properly because of the settings change. I did see this time around that the setup is actually working properly UNTIL the radio beacons. If I turn beaconing off on the radio and tell
      APRSIS32 to control the beaconing, everything works as it should. I verified this by using another HT at very low power to make sure that the TH-D72 would digipeat and igate the packet. When the radio's TNC settings get messed up, if I shut down the APRSIS32 radio port, the TH-D72 goes back to working properly. So...it appears to me that something is getting set in the TNC by APRSIS32 that isn't quite right?

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like the radio has gotten out of sync with APRSIS putting it into the
      > proper mode.
      >
      > Have you always been careful to shut down APRSIS before moving it to the
      > next pc *and* starting APRSIS after connecting to the new pc??
      >
      > To resync the tnc in the D72, press the TNC button until the TNC/APRS
      > indicator is OFF ( no longer displayed on the screen of the radio ). Shut
      > down APRSIS on the computer. Connect the computer and radio, then restart
      > ARPSIS.
      >
      > That should get everything back to normal.
      >
      > As for the STPYUU in the destination call, that's not a problem, that part
      > of the way that the D72 does it's position encoding called Mic-E format.
      > Mic-E format uses the destination call for Longitude and puts Latitude in
      > the payload part of the packet.
      > You can read more about it here:
      > aprs.org/doc/APRS101.PDF page 43
      >
      > 73,